Android Question [SOLVED] - Some views are not working with the screen reader turned on

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings everyone,

I noticed that the following views do not recognise screen taps and dragging to scroll when the accessibility screen reader is turned on. I testing it with a Galaxy S9 running Android version 10.

B4XSeekBar
CustomListView

These work ok only if the screen reader is turned off.

Thanks.

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is it possible to add the touch event and drag event to B4XSeekBar and CustomListView? I love those views and my customers who are blind would love that as well.

I noticed that the volume sliders in "Sounds and vibration" work with the screen reader turned on. Can the B4XSeekBar and CustomListView be made to work the same way?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rleiman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Start with a regular ScrollView. Are you able to scroll it?

Initially I was not able to scroll it but I found out by accident that you can scroll it if you use 2 fingers. Looks like my ignorance of how the screen reader works.

About the B4XSeekBar. I was also able to move the slider by using 2 finger dragging but tapping on that view was not recognised. Normally when a view is not recognised like that, I use this subroutine.

B4X:
Public Sub SetContentDesc(v As View, desc As String)
    Dim r As Reflector

r.Target = v

r.RunMethod2("setContentDescription", desc, "java.lang.CharSequence")
End Sub

For most views this works but not for the B4XSeekBar. Instead I get a warning about types.

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.13.01.png

When I try to compile the app I get this error.

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 13.13.25.png
What do I need to change so the types will match?

Thanks.

Upvote 0