Android Question starting virtual device throws blank error

leitor79

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I create a new virtual device but when I try to start it, I'm getting a blank error message with the title "b4a sdk manager":

I attach the capture with the things of the api 24 not-installed yet (in case something is missing).

Could it be related to the antivirus blocking some files during the update (restored them from quarantine, but I think they were restored to a temporary folder)

Thank you very much!

2018-01-04 12_41_29.png

Attachments

• 2018-01-04 12_41_29.png
    2018-01-04 12_41_29.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 166

leitor79

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel and Don, thank you very much for your answers!

Nothing on the log.

I'll try to find the stacktrace.

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• 2018-01-04 13_05_22.png
    2018-01-04 13_05_22.png
    143.8 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0

leitor79

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi again,

Nothing on the stacktrace. I only get some ExitCode, -1073741515 (0xC0000135)

2018-01-04 13_30_22.png

I've found in the code that it seems to shell execute the emulator.exe application; I've tried to run it manually from command line, and I get the following error:

2018-01-04 14_22_24.png

I'll google it and see what I've found; any help is appreciated.

Regards!

Upvote 0

leitor79

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

It seems the problem was the windows defender. Unquarantine files is not enough.

I've deleted the whole sdk folder, installed the tools again and started over with the antivirus offline. It worked.

I had some other errors; I've found you need to have hyper-v disabled too in order to the virtual machine to run.

I think this directions (hyper-v off, haxm installed) could be mentioned in the tutorial here. That, also with "the command line tools must respect the folder structure and keep the "tool" as the root folder" could be obvious for experienced android developers but, for visual basic developers who are kind of new in android would be a huge time saver.

Thank you very much

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
That, also with "the command line tools must respect the folder structure and keep the "tool" as the root folder" could be obvious for experienced android developers but, for visual basic developers who are kind of new in android would be a huge time saver.
There is a screenshot in the relevant installation step that shows the folder structure.

I've found you need to have hyper-v disabled too in order to the virtual machine to run.
Can you provide more information about it? Are you running B4A in a VM?

Upvote 0

leitor79

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, thank you for your answer.

The relevancy of the folder structure screenshot came to my mind after hours of trying to fix an error. I think a direction like "copy the files to any folder, just make sure to respect the folder structure" would be more useful than the screenshot.

I'm not running b4a from a VM. I'm on Windows 10 x64.

I can't provide more information right now. I had to reinstall windows and lost the browser history. After solving the folder structure/antivirus issue, I reinstalled all again and got an error when launching a virtual device. I don't remember which error. I've googled a while and tried stuff. I worked it out after finding some stackoverflow's article regarding disabling hyper-v. I don't have the link now. I just remember that it said to use bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off to turning the hyper-v off.

I'll add information if I have the error again (since I had to format again and I haven't installed b4a again yet)

Regards,

Upvote 0