B4J Question Strange glitch with class modules and forms

agb2008

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've got strange results while trying to port my B4A app to B4J. Application consists on main module and few classes. Each class got separate form i.e. MsgBox type form e.t.c. that I use in my application. Problem noted when I am trying to call one class from another one. I.e. I've got a form and doing some input values check and in case of error call another class which simulated MsgBox type window. Resulting window displayed properly - but... I could only close it by clicking on red cross in the top right corner of that windows. Button that suppose to close that windows i.e.:
B4X:
Sub btnCancel_Action
    tform.Close
End Sub
For some strange reason does not work...
But if I call exactly the same class from main application code - everything seems to be fine...
Could you please advice - am I missing something or it just designed to work that way ?

agb2008

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

Thank you for reply. I've created a simple test project where I could reproduce my error. Just choose any button - by defaul either error message or another form would be openned - but then for some strange reason I could only close that form window by clicking on red cross icon in the top right corner of the window. Selecting Close button that called "form.close" code does not work for me any more for some strange reason. Apart from installing B4J v 3.0.0 and later update to 3.0.2 - no software changes were made on my computer... Could you please advice ?

Thank you beforehand,
Regards,
Alexey

Attachments

• Test_project_B4J302.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 194
Upvote 0

agb2008

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

Thank you very much for solving this issue ! :) That was indeed my mistake to add both events handlers... Do not remember why exactly I add them - but I was
unable to spot that both even handlers could cause such problem.

Regards,
Alexey

You are handling both MouseClicked and Action events (in the main module and in the class). It causes two dialogs to appear at once. Remove one of these calls and it will work.

Upvote 0