The Final Chapter in B4X...my wish..please Erel..pretty Please ;)

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Super Erel, do you have an idea of this release date?

thx
Patrick

Jmu5667

Licensed User
Longtime User
The features you can see in this video:
  1. Support for multiple editors.
  2. Go to identifier with Ctrl + Click (very useful).
  3. Structure highlighting.
  4. Auto completion starts automatically and is more advanced.
  5. Zoom.
Under the hood the IDE is rewritten from scratch. The new IDE "engine" has better performance and is much more powerful. This will allow adding more advanced features in the future (like auto-indent and others).

Make sure to see the video in hd mode (press on the small gear button):

OMG !!!! :cool:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
OMG. The new IDE is awesome!

Love the much needed auto-complete features. Will make B4X even easier and more productive. (Ctrl+Space is kind of a pain to use as you go "out of your way" to complete something.)

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
  1. Support for multiple editors.
  2. Go to identifier with Ctrl + Click (very useful).
  3. Structure highlighting.
  4. Auto completion starts automatically and is more advanced.
  5. Zoom.
Under the hood the IDE is rewritten from scratch. The new IDE "engine" has better performance and is much more powerful. This will allow adding more advanced features in the future (like auto-indent and others).

1. Cool!!
2. Cool!!
3. Cool!!
4. Cool!!
5. Cool!!
6. Want have B4A Version NOW :D

I hardly cant wait for any preview of new version you´ll show us regarding news to the Designer (or custom view-support of the designer) :)

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Both B4i and B4A will be of course updated as well soon after.

I still don't know whether the visual designer will be updated in the next version or only later. However a major update is planned for the designer.
Erel, do you have more details concerning visual designer, or a video demo?

Patrick

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, do you have more details concerning visual designer, or a video demo?
The Designer is not planned for the first version erel told before... and he does not told something about the VISUAL designer so far as i know.
We need to be patient

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The new IDE will allow changing two types of themes: the IDE itself and the code editor.
The code editor themes use the same format used by Visual Studio. This makes it quite easy to "import" Visual Studio themes to B4X: http://studiostyl.es/
Adding new code editor themes is a matter of placing the xml file in the themes folder.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel stop teasing us with videos
DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT! DONT STOP IT!

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X just keeps getting better and better.

I do have a question: Will folders in the modules and "files" tab ever be a thing? For example: If you have a collection of modules that deals with decoding audio formats, you could just create a folder, name it "Audio" and just move all of the modules that deal with decoding audio into the "Audio" folder. Note that this would take place all inside the IDE, pretty much like how other IDE's do it. (Would also have to support sub-folders)

Would make large projects manageable ;)

Last edited:

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Probably yes. However not in the next version.

Awesome!

I do have a suggestion for the name of the apps, how about: "B4X.Platform"? Ex:
B4J --> B4X.Java
B4A -> B4X.Android
B4i -> B4X.iOS

Things that would need to be changed:
- App icons.
- A new "B4X" Page (I could do a Mockup; Don't mind as it's an opportunity to practice Bootstrap ;))

That's about it.

Last edited: