Android Question The private key was not properly encrypted or is not a type of key we support.

ArminKh1993

Hi
A few minutes ago I created a new sign key using b4a.
Then I went to the Play Store and created and uploaded the zip file according to what you see in the picture.
1616679918696.png

Then I clicked on "Continue" as shown below.
1616679990475.png

But unfortunately it gives the error you see in the image above.
It says: The private key was not properly encrypted or is not a type of key we support.
It's a new key which is created by b4a v10.7
how can i to do?
@MarcoRome are you solved this issue? if yes, how?
thanks in advance

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems that the problem is with the sign key that b4a makes. I created a sign key with the code which is exist in post4 and then created and uploaded the zip file according to the instructions given by Google and everything was OK.
If this is a bug in b4a , will you fix it soon? And if not, what is the difference between the key that b4a makes and the key that I made with keytool?

B4A is using (1024-bit DSA key and SHA256withDSA) but google is requiring (2048-bit RSA key and SHA256withRSA).

If you check here, I made a wish for it https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/generate-keystore-with-rsa-algorithm.128502/

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
To further prove your point. I created a new release and attempted to upload an AAB file with b4a generated keystore. I got this message
For new apps, Android App Bundles must be signed with an RSA key.
Which means For New App to be uploaded as app bundles, we will need a newly RSA generated keystore/jks file

UkHamw39DA.png

Upvote 0

ArminKh1993

To further prove your point. I created a new release and attempted to upload an AAB file with b4a generated keystore. I got this message
For new apps, Android App Bundles must be signed with an RSA key.
Which means For New App to be uploaded as app bundles, we will need a newly RSA generated keystore/jks file

View attachment 110564
thank u as you can see in my post i said:
the b4a Signkey(made by b4a private signkey generator) is not usable for AAB.

Attachments

• 1616836137552.png
    1616836137552.png
    70.6 KB · Views: 161
Upvote 0

ArminKh1993

No need. For now developers can still upload APKs (there are no advantages for AABs). The next version of B4A will allow creating signing keys with other algorithms.
Ok, So please make it compatible with the key made by keytool
Because I have a ready-to-release application (Vpn App) and I intend to publish it as AAB because the size of the APK is a bit high.
For this reason, I currently have to build the sign key with Keytool.
So in the next version, please keep in mind that we can use keys made with different algorithms in B4A.
anyway, thank you.
AND final question: When will the next version be released?

Last edited:
Upvote 0