Android Question Themes/Resource not found?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by W. Graf, Apr 23, 2018.

1. W. Graf

W. Graf Member Licensed User

Hi!

Up to now, I didn't know, that this setting exists in manifest-file: CreateResourceFromFile()
    I only noticed it, since I'm getting an error during compilation for new projects, which I startet in B4A 8.0.

Where can I get these themes?
    Following sitations:

CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, Themes.DarkTheme) -> it seems, that this is the default-setting on new projects?
    Result: res\values-v20\theme.xml:3: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/Theme.Material'.

CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, Themes.LightTheme)
    Result: res\values-v20\theme.xml:3: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/Theme.Material.Light'.

CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, Themes.Holo)
    Result: File not found: Holo.b4x_excluded

No CreateResourceFromFile()
    Result
    : no error

I'm creating apps, which have to run on Android 4.3.x systems. So the "Holo"-Theme would be interesting for me too. But what I have to install, that B4A find the necessary resource-files?
    Is it a missing SDK? I've installed components of: API18, API23, API26
    (But I didn't installed all components of the APIs).

I saw, that other users had similar Problems with "firebaseAds"-Themes. Maybe a similar reason?

Thank you very much!
    Best regards,
    Wolfgang

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

All these problems are solved by using B4A Sdk Manager as explained in the installation instructions:
    https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html

3. W. Graf

Unfortunaly I can't use the B4A SDK Manager, because my PC is a corporate device, which is going through a proxy-Server (which needs authentication).
    The Android SDK Manager is able to go through the Proxy (menu Tools - Options) and then I can enter my credentials and download the SDK list.
    B4A SDK Manager only Returns:
    Download: https://dl.google.com/dl/android/maven2/master-index.xml
    error: java.net.ConnectException: Failed to connect to dl.google.com/172.217.23.238:443
    I cannot enter a proxy-Server + port....

Is using the B4A SDK Manager the only solution for this problem?

Thank you!

4. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

They can be Set in the IDE

[​IMG]

5. W. Graf

Thank you very much, DonManfred!

I think, I was blind.:)

The Problem is, that I have to authenticate (with Domain user and Password) on the proxy. The Android SDK Manager opens a window, where you can enter the credentials. In B4A SDK Manager I only get the error message:
    Using proxy: proxy.xxxxxxxxxxx.at:8080
    Download: https://dl.google.com/dl/android/maven2/master-index.xml
    error: java.io.IOException: Failed to authenticate with Proxy

I've already many components installed and up to now, I could work with These components. Only the resource/themes is making troubles ...
    I only need to know, which component I have to install? Where are the themes included?
    For example: I have some old APIs installed, because I want to develop apps for Android 4.3.1-devices. Is it possible, that this is the reason?

6. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

There is no relation between the supported devices and the installed resources.
    https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/87610/#content

You can use B4A Sdk Manager on a different computer and then copy the complete folder to your computer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice