Android Question Unable to make trial version work

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am a licensed user from many years ago and currently have version 2.50 installed on my main computer and 2.52 on another computer, both running windows 7. My main computer will not now allow re-compiling (source option 5...) but the other one does. However, I prefer to work on the main machine. I have installed Java 8. I am willing to upgrade to B4A so installed the trial version on the main computer following the instructions but cannot seem to get past the following:
--can't find ...aapt.exe
--source option 5 no longer supported...
--will not open the sdk manager to install the recommended files
--no libraries appear to be loaded
--configure the paths although already filled in
--can't find the specified file (sdk manager.bat?)
--over 2000 files extracted from the zip file for the sdk
Since my app is too large for the trial, I would like to have a few samples to use.
I have also installed the trial on a windows 10 laptop and have almost the same results. Surely it shouldn't be that difficult for someone wanting to try the program but I admit I am not the sharpest tack in the box. Would the full version have the same installation procedure as the trial? I realize I have not gone into any detail for the above issues so hope someone can see through the problems and advise accordingly.
Is there a discount for licensed users to purchase the current version and would there still be the 30 day money back guarantee?
Thanks to all who offer their expertise.
Jim Schuchert