Android Question Understanding Crashlytics

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am trying to understand how the Crashlytics works.

I have followed the tutorials and added it to one of my apps and it seems to works, kind of.

In the Starter Service, if I set the Application_Error to return True, then it seems to send the crash report to firebase Crashlytics which is fine and it works.

If I set the Application_Error to return False then it doesn't report to firebase Crashlytics.

If it's set to return False then my app doesn't crash and the user won't see any errors and my app continues to run. If I have it set to True and the app has an error then it will force close and ask the user to re-open it.

Is there a way to still report the crash when returning False in the Application_Error sub ?

Also, I noticed there is CL.CLog("msg") and also CL.SetKey("key","value")
What does that actually do? I tried putting that code on a button click but didn't see anything happen and didn't see anything log in the firebase Crashlytics. (unless I am looking in the wrong place?) Even waited a good hour after using the Clog and SetKey and nothing in firebase.

Also, is the following required in the Manifest for the Crashlytics to work ?

B4X:
CreateResourceFromFile(Macro, FirebaseAnalytics.FirebaseAnalytics)

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe I need to wait until tomorrow for it show?
i dont know, sorry. Can be that it needs some time to appear.

I never tried it myself even if i am using CrashLytics in my Apps.

You ARE using Releasemode?

Note that logs are only sent in Release mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just testet it. The crash appear within minutes in the console. Including the LOG i added and the Values i added...
# Crashlytics - Custom logs
# Application: de.fbdn.abnahmen
# Platform: android
# Version: 1
# Issue: 6049229e0d860bd32d7a380f523b3152
# Session: 5DB2CE0203B60001626C25EEE46221C2_DNE_0_v2
# Date: Fri Oct 25 2019 12:27:00 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit)

0 | Fri Oct 25 2019 12:27:18 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit) | screen_view
1 | Fri Oct 25 2019 12:27:19 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit) | screen_view
2 | Fri Oct 25 2019 12:27:22 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit) | D/CrashlyticsCore Auftragserteilung
3 | Fri Oct 25 2019 12:27:22 GMT+0200 (Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit) | screen_view

Upvote 0