Unfortunately

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Unfortunately (or fortunately)...

;)

There again, unfortunately, there are just too many of everyone everywhere.

Well I guess its got to be tough over there now.... We will begin thinking about it, o, sometime when GOVT decides its an issue. This Sunday I believe...
šŸ˜·

[PS the elephant in the room must be over-population N'es PA? {was that French?}]

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
Yes, it is French:
N'est pas?
or
N'est-ce pas?
But, oops, you're Italian - don't have any Italian on this phone nor any French for that matter - apologies for addressing you 'across' the 'enemy' lines..... Watch out for the cabin fever while you're in quarantine time... Loads of programs should be forthcoming Take Care.

Jorge M A

Licensed User
(or fortunately)
I think that as long as there are Italian actresses it will be like a blessing!
And for the girls, well, at least here, with someone speaking to her in Italian, he has a 95% chance of success.
So in short, yes. Fortunately!
Force Italy!
i mean: "Let's Go Italy"

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How is the situation there?
About 20,000 people infected and 1,500 dead, the vast majority in northern Italy.

Unfortunately, many people underestimate this infection and many young people believe they are immune, that at most they will stay in bed for a week as a normal seasonal flu. It is not so; it is true that mortality is much higher among the elderly and / or people with low immune defenses, but those who are infected, even if young, "not infrequently" will have to be intubated to be helped to breathe!

Can you go out of the houses?
Officially we can only go out for valid reasons; this type of situation is probably the only one in which dictatorship is better than democracy.

I think that we are progressing in the same direction though we are making the drastic steps sooner.
Yes, I heard yesterday that you now have closed restaurants and bars. It is necessary.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
How is the situation there? Can you go out of the houses?

I think that we are progressing in the same direction though we are making the drastic steps sooner.
Unfortunately in Northern Italy the situation is dramatic, these are scenarios that are seen only in catastrophic films. Many deaths of all ages despite the fact that there has been an absolute ban on leaving the house except for the purchase of food and work (if useful for the community) or for health.
Next week the highest peak is expected and then a drop.

The places in hospitals are not enough for this wave and many are quarantined at home. Respirators are not enough for those who have reached the point of having respiratory failure.
But they are experimenting with anti-inflammatories used for other ailments to fight the symptoms of the virus that attacks the lungs.
Doctors and nurses do double and triple shifts and some get sick themselves.
They are using medical graduates without having attended the recruitment competition to get more maybe on the field. Many retired doctors returned to work for free to help out

Here in the south there are few cases but an explosion is expected next week and then who knows where I will peak. Here the streets have been deserted for 10 days. Although services are still guaranteed. Supermarkets and shops to buy necessary things. Bars, restaurants, clothing and more are closed or do not deliver at home.

Panic is affecting some who feel they have symptoms and clog the switchboards. But panic is less severe.

Law enforcement officers are starting to do checks to make sure those who leave do so for the three authorized reasons. Because some are taking it lightly.

This is the situation.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
absolute ban on leaving the house except for the purchase of food and work (if useful for the community) or for health.
In my opinion, the problem is the requirement to go to work. Many factories are still open. Offices are open too although there are regulations such as alternating work-days for employees and promoting working from remote whenever possible.
I live in Lombardy and work in Milano and I worked last week in order to finalize our IT-system to permit most of our staff to work remotely. Tomorrow I will hopefully be able to work from home too.
The problem with closing down factories and offices is that the economy will really come to a halt. However, that might be necessary, at least in Lombardy, and I believe that might be the only option, just like they did in China. At that point, here in Lombardy, we can only hope that the central and southern parts of Italy will be less affected and will be able to produce essential needs for the population.

These are tough days but I think only time, patience and heavy restrictions forced upon us can help us out of this and reduce the heavy toll the Health Care System is facing today. Unfortunately, I see this happening in Spain as well and probably the situation will be the same in France and Germany too and many other European countries. The virus doesn't stop at borders. My biggest wish is that poorer countries, such as those in Africa, won't develop that many cases.

Let us be strong, stay home and stay safe.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As you say, the virus looks no borders.

We are in Europe but only China is helping you. If my knowledge of geography does not deceive me, China is not part of Europe.

It is true that the virus started from China, but it is undeniable that they are showing in the right spirit.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
is true that the virus started from China, but it is undeniable that they are showing in the right spirit.
What I meant to say is that the fact that it hit China hard and China, with very tight restrictions, were able to recover means that there are reasons to be optimistic.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is advised not to leave the house, but no one advises against using the elevators which, from my point of view, are "dangerous" (and I'm not talking about the fact that they can fall, which sometimes happens).

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What I meant to say is that the fact that it hit China hard and China, with very tight restrictions, were able to recover means that there are reasons to be optimistic.
Yes, I wasn't referring to what you wrote, I'm sorry if I gave this impression.

Rather, I meant to say that we receive help and solidarity from those who don't wait for you and not from those who should

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, we are ALL concerned, all over the world.
The problems will grow in all countries, with certain delays between countries.
Nowadays, in Europe, Italy is the most concerned. But Spain, France, their neighbour countries and other countries are just a few days behind.
Anyway, we have or will all have the same problems.
Making decisions to shut down whole countries is awful for any government.
They make their decisions, as late as supportable, according to the current conditions in their countries. But first, the population must get to be aware of the danger, before it accepts such kind of decisions. Unfortunately, this takes time.
That's what we see currently in Europe and other regions, every day more restrictive limitations, and I am sure with good reasons.

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
My biggest wish is that poorer countries, such as th
Thanks for that vote of hope. We here have Very few cases yet. But, the winter season will start, though not for a month or two yet, and then it may become a problem.

I heard that my old workplace a university has made restrictions on students travelling but their graduation is just before Easter, who knows what will happen.

No official restrictions yet but GOVT Cabinet met today to decide. Don't know what the outcome is of that.

Our problem is that the hospital and health system is POOR in the majority of places, the drought has left Many towns and villages without water. In the rest of southern Africa it's even worse.
Even with ebola experience people seem to just go with the attitude 'it's Africa get used to it'.

I travel on Tuesday to Johannesburg unless Cabinet makes some rules today or announces tomorrow.

So we wait and see if the virus heads south....

It you have read science fiction from the '60s and 70s this scenario for an over populated world was foreseen.... But no one heard and here we all are...

Best and safe health to our European friends..... The challenges will not stop for the whole world even after Corona sinks away... Gloomy

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Here in Spain, third day of confinentment (and as in Italy and supose other countries, there're so many unresponsible people that haven't understand yet how serious is the situation)