iOS Question Using Hosted Builder behind Firewall/Proxy

cbanks

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using Hosted Builder. When I try the Build B4i-Bridge App option, it gives me the "Error retrieving token: Communication error: ConnectFailure" error. I'm behind a proxy/firewall that only allows traffic on port 8080. Could you make b4i work with this setup?

cbanks

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, web traffic is allowed through proxy on port 8080. In my browser (Internet Explorer) I have set the port as 8080, which allows me to browse the web. If I were to change it to just 80, it wouldn't work.

Upvote 0

cbanks

Licensed User
Longtime User
E-mail has been sent. Will wait for updated version that supports proxy settings. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Samplatiner

Licensed User
Longtime User
so I tried to build up a Network configuration, to go around the Proxy. By this I got a bit confused by the exact path, the communication takes.

I think, it works like this:
1. B4i (PC) sends Project to hosted mac builder
2. Hosted mac builder sends compiled Project back to B4i (PC)
3. B4i sends to iPad the ip-address of the hosted mac builder
4. iPad connects to hosted mac builder, Downloads and installs Project

is this correct?

That would mean, that both the PC and the iPad need Internet Connection and have to be in the same local Network?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. IDE sends project to builder.
2. Builder compiles and returns the result status to the IDE.
3. IDE tells the connected device to download and install the app from the builder.
4. IDE debugger connects to the device app.

That would mean, that both the PC and the iPad need Internet Connection and have to be in the same local Network?
That's correct.

Upvote 0