Android Question V5.00 hangs trying to load after upgrade from 4.0

qle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I upgraded from 4.30 to the new v5.0 today, install went ok, without error.
But trying to load, i get the new see though B4A splash screen, and the win7 progress wheel.. but that it!

I have reinstalled 4.30 and this is running ok.. (pheww!)

I have tried an uninstall (via add/remove) and removing the 'Program Fles\Anywhere Software' app folder to install fresh, but same thing, just sits at the new splash screen...

Lee

qle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes i have .Net Framework 4.5.2 installed. I have just run a reinstall (repair).
but still the same...
have left it for 5 mins now, just sitting on the B4A splash..
i have to end task it...

[Edit]
I did a full uninstall of .Net Framework, and B4A (via control panel add/remove)
I removed folder \Program Files\Anywhere Software and \AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Software I also went though registry to remove any references i could find.
I then installed the .Net framework 4.5.2, and B4A 5.0, and launched at end of install.. but same thing..

Back to 4.30, works fine..

[Edit]
Tried again, installing v5.0 over the top of the working 4.30, same problem, but then i tried using the IDE ..\B4A.EXE -log option, and it fired up!!! but if i remove the -log option it hangs at the splash screen again!
While it seems to work if i leave the -log option in, not sure i can trust the stability of the IDE.

.Net version: 4.0.30319.34209
B4XClassifer created
B4XErrorTagger created
Gui: 1007
*** no reuse ***
Gui: 824
Gui: 54

Lee.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

qle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well it seems stable enough with the -log option.. but take it out and it wont load.. odd indeed!
i do have 3 monitors, not sure that should effect it though..

Will see how i go...

Upvote 0

mirekk36

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have downloaded and installed 5.20 ... and now I have the same situation. B4A IDE don't answer for a very long while, ... after that I can write code but if only I will save something to disc or do F5 (compile) it hangs ... hangs, hangs ... about 1-2 minutes - then go

All it is after installing ver 5.20 ... If I reinstal 5.02 it don't help anymore :(

Upvote 0

mirekk36

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have found some solution ... It turned out, that if I delete my "b4xV5.ini" from "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Software\Basic4android", there B4A IDE starts , write/read files normally, and new inifile was created.

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Cheers, thanks for this! I had to do the same after I'd been stuck on 4.3 for a while :) Rmoved the ini file and then all is well - all the way up to 6.0 now!

Cheers!!

Upvote 0