Wish Very bad with finding libraries!

All

Hello everyone!
For the second year now, we have been trying to start using your unique android basic.
And every time we throw it in deep annoyance, although the language is really beautiful.
And this, by the way, is a whole group of enthusiasts (amateur student club of programming and robotics)!.

The problem is that some of your examples refer to libraries that are then very hard to find, or they don't exist, or they were named differently than the name of the class to be declared.
But most importantly, you do not have anywhere a resource where you can easily see the list of libraries and download them.
We spend several days reading the forum and looking for links to things that someone else has already done.
This is very bad and not smart at all.

such a serious public of your form should have a knowledge base long ago.
For example, we cannot figure out where to get the following libraries, which are described in many examples (they are not included in the standard basic itself, and a search on the forum gives only tutorials and examples. And where is the library download?!!!):
AsyncStreams
WifiConnect
AsyncStreamsText - exists only as text but also refers to AsyncStreams

There are many more similar examples that take many hours to read the entire forum.

This is wrong.
Please give the entire directory to download any of your libraries.

Thanks

All

[КОД=b4x]

Dim Sock_WiFi As Socket
Dim Btn_WiFi As Button ' Button on layout
Dim AStream As AsyncStreams
[/CODE]

Socket ???!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
AsyncStreamsText: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/pages/results/?query=asyncstreamstext (it is class and it is available in the first result)
AsyncStreams: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/pages/results/?query=asyncstreams (first result is a tutorial with an example). This is a type in RandomAccessFile.
You can also see it by clicking on this link:

1651992745237.png

I'm not familiar with WifiConnect, but I could easily find it: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/pages/results/?query=WifiConnect&prefix=1,2,3,17,24,29

The search engine is very useful for finding libraries.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

William Lancee

Licensed User
Longtime User
I get good result with the search engine, and at rare times with Google + B4X. I can also expand the "Learn" Tab at the top of screen to go to Libraries.
But there is a "small" thing. I did not know about the very useful "index" link in the Latest Libraries panel until recently.
It is too small to be obvious. Perhaps a larger font with contrasting color and renamed "Index for all Libraries". Important? No.

LibraryIndex.png

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
But there is a "small" thing. I did not know about the very useful "index" link in the Latest Libraries panel until recently.
It is too small to be obvious. Perhaps a larger font with contrasting color and renamed "Index for all Libraries". Important? No.
There is almost never a good reason to search the index table directly. You will get better results with the forum search engine (which is a custom search engine based on lucene). The purpose of the index is to provide the version information for the IDE.