iOS Question Waiting for ide to connect

Marco Maria Vilucchi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello everybody,
I have a problem that I can't solve. I create a new app, connect the device (iphone 6s with ios 14.4.2) the iphone connects.
At this point I compile through the triangle button on the menu (run F5).
The compilation ends correctly, the installation message appears on the device, I click INSTALL and at this point the device remains with the wheel and the writing: waiting for ide to connect. Even if it is already connected. I attach screenshot.
I tried without firewall (the windows one) and the problem remains.
I would like to point out that the device connects to the local network and that it recognizes the connection to B4I.
Furthermore, the device recognizes that there is an installation to be done and asks me if I want to install and then asks me if I agree to share network resources, then it has recognized the app and is trying to install it, then it freezes.
I tried with an old ipad with ios 9, which explicitly tells me it fails to install and to try again.
All this coincides with the purchase of B4I 7.2.
Could that be the problem?
Can anyone help me?
Thank you
Marco

Attachments

• CompileAndDebug.PNG
    CompileAndDebug.PNG
    51.3 KB · Views: 177

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, I've been having lots of problems connecting to my iPhone also lately. The fix tends to involve lots of disable/enable wifi, enable/disable airplane mode, cursing, swipe-kill B4i Bridge a thousand times. Sooner or later it works, but I've been thinking more than once that I spend more time making the connection work than actually coding. I haven't been able to find a solid way of solving it, nor to understand why it happens.

I haven't bothered reporting it because I'm about to change the network environment on a bigger scale and I thought I'd see if that improved things.

(B4A+Android works like a charm, all the time.)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
If the app installs and runs and the IDE fails to connect then it is likely to be some network problem.

If you are using a local builder then switch to Apple Configurator 2. It makes the installation step more reliable. Still the IDE needs to be able to connect to the device over the network.

Note that B4i-Bridge is not related to this issue. The app is running and is waiting for the IDE to connect. It happens between the IDE and the debug app.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Then I really wonder how B4A works so well and B4i so badly. Never mind, I'll post something about it if the problem persists when I have a new network setup.

Upvote 0

Marco Maria Vilucchi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel said:
If the app installs and runs and the IDE fails to connect then it is likely to be some network problem.
but if i compile app release it works....
I tried with another network, but the problem is the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think because B4i Builder is on another machine while B4A build on the same machine.
Why would that matter? I mean, isn't it the IDE that push the app to the device, regardless of where it gets it from? If so it shouldn't really matter that one app was produced on my workstation and the other app was produced in Erels cloud solution?

Upvote 0

Marco Maria Vilucchi

Licensed User
Longtime User
The installation process is much more complicated in B4i so there are more possible points of failures.

If you are using a local builder then use AC2. I never had a single case where things went wrong with it.
I use remote builder and i dont think it is a network problem because i have tried with other networks and it works and i tried with app rerlease and it works.
I tried with development certificates and distribution certificates

Upvote 0