B4J Library [Web][ABMaterial] Framework for WebApps

TIP: For absolute beginners with ABM, Get started with the Mini Template
TIP: Get started with 'ABMaterial For Dummies' by Harris here! (lessons)
TIP:
My mini course on Youtube by MichalK73

ABMaterial is a framework combining a tuned Materialize CSS with the free programming tool B4J. It allows creating WebApps that not only look great thanks to Googles Material Design, but can be programmed with the powerful free tool from Anywhere Software without any knowledge of HTML, CSS or Javascript.

ABMDragonfly4.00.png

ABMaterial has over 45 themeable controls and some useful helpers.

Components:

• ABMActionButton
  • ABMAudioPlayer (1.08)
  • ABMBadge
  • ABMButton
  • ABMCanvas
  • ABMCalendar
  • ABMCard
  • ABMChart (Plugin support 2.00)
  • ABMChat (2.50)
  • ABMCheckbox
  • ABMChronologyList (2.00)
  • ABMCombo
  • ABMCustomControl (1.05)
  • ABMChip
  • ABMCodeLabel
  • ABMDivider
  • ABMDateTimeScroller (1.06)
  • ABMDateTimePicker (1.06)
  • ABMEditor (1.07)
  • ABMFileInput (1.20+)
  • ABMGoogleMap
  • ABMLabel
  • ABMList
  • ABMImage
  • ABMImageSlider
  • ABMInputField
  • ABMRadioGroup
  • ABMPagination (1.04)
  • ABMPatternLock (1.20+)
  • ABMPDFViewer (1.08)
  • ABMPercentSlider (2.50)
  • ABMPlanner (2.50)
  • ABMPivotTable (1.08)
  • ABMRange (1.05)
  • ABMSignaturePad
  • ABMTimeLine (1.10, depreciated in 4.00)
  • ABMSlider (1.05)
  • ABMSmartWizard (3.00)
  • ABMSocialShare (1.07)
  • ABMSocialOAuth
  • ABMSVGSurface (1.20+)
  • ABMSwitch
  • ABMTabs
  • ABMTreeTable (1.04)
  • ABMUpload
  • ABMVideo

Helpers:
  • ABMContainer
  • ABMFlexWall (1.10)
  • ABMGenerator (1.07)
  • ABMModalSheet
  • ABMNavigationBar
  • ABMPage
  • ABMParallax
  • ABMSideBar (2.00)
  • ABMTable
  • ABMTableMutable (1.20+)
Other:
  • Firebase Auth (1.20+)
  • Firebase Storage (1.20+)
  • Configurable App and Content folders (2.00)
  • Lorem Ipsum Generator (2.00)
  • Grid Builder (2.00+)
The Grid Builder:
With the Grid Builder you can build the responsive framework very easy. This has been the most difficult part for beginners to understand. But now with the builder, you have no reason to not use ABMaterial :)

gridbuilder1.png

There is an online demo at http://abmaterial.com
Alternative url: http://prd.one-two.com:51042/demo/

NEW: You can now support BANano and ABMaterial here too: https://www.patreon.com/alwaysbusy

This means it is free to use, but consider this: it took me already thousands of hours to program ABMaterial, all done in my free time early in the morning and deep into the night. Not only will a donation push me to continue developing ABMaterial , remember, you'll get a warm and fuzzy feeling doing it!

Download version 5.15 - for jServer 4.00 (open source, library only):

ALWAYS TAKE A BACKUP BEFORE USING A NEW VERSION!

ABMaterial 5.15 is now available on github and is open sourced :cool: (AS IS)! This version has been in heavy use (development and production) within our company for over a year now without major alterations, so I consider it very stable and ready to be open sourced.

I trust no one here will publish a clone or take credit for my work and I would consider it common courtesy if you find a bug/fix/new feature, you report back to me so I can make the same changes in the official library and everyone can benefit from it.

Note: next to downloading the library, you need also to download the accompanying www zip files from the same github (releases) containing the latest javascript/css/font files.

The procedure from Github for 5.15:

1. Download https://github.com/RealAlwaysbusy/A...eleases/download/v5.15/ABMaterial5.15-bin.zip
2. Download https://github.com/RealAlwaysbusy/A...r4.00/releases/download/v5.15-www/www5.15.zip
3. Unzip ABMaterial5.14-bin.zip and copy all .xml and .jar files to you B4J Libraries folder
4. Unzip www5.14.zip
5. In the projects you are working on (e.g. a for Dummies project) delete the following folders in \www
  • css
  • font
  • js
6. Copy from the unzipped www5.12.zip the 3 folder (css/font/js) to the \www folder where you just deleted these 3 folders.

ALTERNATIVE DOWNLOAD: Download the ABMMini project where everything is included (Library, www and a Template project):

Additional Resources:

Demo source code (for v4.51, not yet updated for 5.15, but still usefull to learn ABM): https://gorgeousapps.com/ABMExtras4.51.zip

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did creating it and I look forward to see the killer apps you will make with ABMaterial!

Also consider BANano if you are planning to write Websites/Apps in B4J!

Alain Bailleul
Alwaysbusy's Corner

Last edited:

PCastagnetti

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello to all

With version 1.10 does not seem to work the addition of items in the component 'ABMCombo' on raspbian.

On windows everything works properly.

Thank you

PCastagnetti

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok.
I send a project just started that has the problem.

The problem seems to occur with the demo too.

Thank you

PCastagnetti

Licensed User
Longtime User
Cleaning up the folder and copying the ''copymewithjar.needs' the problem is solved (I had previously tried to copy the file with no luck)

Thanks for your help

PCastagnetti

Licensed User
Longtime User
With version 1.10, using the demo program, I can not use the PDFViewer control.

upload_2016-5-19_11-39-28.png

Did I forget something?

thank you

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@PCastagnetti No, you are correct, it is a bug. The file 'viewerpdf.html' is not created in the correct folder (it is created in the root of the disk). For now you can manually copy it, but please enter this bug in the feedback app so it can be fixed!

Also please do not ask questions in this post. I do not follow up this post all the time. Create a new question with [ABMaterial] in the subject line. It is much easier for me to track questions. Thanks!

PCastagnetti

Licensed User
Longtime User
please enter this bug in the feedback app so it can be fixed!

ok already inserted

Also please do not ask questions in this post. I do not follow up this post all the time. Create a new question with [ABMaterial] in the subject line. It is much easier for me to track questions. Thanks!

sorry

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ABMFeedback is up again! Got rid of Windows 10 all together and set up an Ubuntu server instead. I announce it here because now my mail provider is down :confused:

If you encountered problems with v1.10, this is the time to tell me as I'm finishing up maintenance update 1.11 (scheduled to go out next week)

Last edited:

billyrudi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Alain how i can add a ABMCanvasObject to a ABMModalSheet ?
how i can modify the following code?
regards Paolo
B4X:
Dim canvas1 As ABMCanvas
    canvas1.Initialize(page, "canvas2", ABM.COLOR_BLACK , ABM.INTENSITY_NORMAL,  1024, 1600,   True)
    myModal.Content.Cell(1,1).AddComponent(canvas1)

Dim bg As ABMCanvasObject

bg.InitializeAsRectangle(  page,"bg",0, 0,1024  ,1550,  False)
    bg.drawImage(  "INTERFACCIA_STATO_DI_CARICA", 0,0)   
    canvas1.AddObject(bg)
    canvas1.Refresh

amminf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Alain,

In notices-cautions for the update 1.11 says "There is Also a new event Changed (value as String). This is added Because a lot of users asked for it, but I strongly discourage you to use it as it Will certainly have a big impact on your server !!! "

I feel my ignorance ... but would it be possible that those slow events (CHANGES, LostFocus, GotFocus) are administered with javascript and so to increment speed ?

Best regards

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem with these events is they have to go to the server if you want to use B4J code (and that is the exact purpose of ABMaterial). I don't want the programmer to have to use javascript etc instead of B4J code. These events can still be useful if you e.g. use ABMaterial for the interface of a local Raspberry Pi project.

amminf

Licensed User
Longtime User
The problem with these events is they have to go to the server if you want to use B4J code (and that is the exact purpose of ABMaterial). I don't want the programmer to have to use javascript etc instead of B4J code. These events can still be useful if you e.g. use ABMaterial for the interface of a local Raspberry Pi project.

In my ignorance, you could not create functions to be executed in javascript. They would be used only in the case of events, to get even more speed. These functions would be embbebed in html code or transferred as-is to a .js file

Last edited: