B4J Question Web3X Ethereum - questions

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel wrote:
For the outside viewer these technologies might look like one big ponzi scheme. This is what I thought up to a few months ago.
Please feel free to start a new thread for any question or comment.

1. What do you think about it now?
  2. What could it be useful for?

Last edited:

Waldemar Lima

Licensed User
I set up Truffle/Ganache and ran the Project created by @Erel (here). But, for the life of me, I can't figure out why the 'Send' button remains 'not visible'. I've entered the private key of one account, and trying to test send 1 ETH to a different account. 'Send' stays grayed out. No errors in the log, and logging is enabled. Thanks in advance.
can u share your code ??

Upvote 0

Rams007

There's a button i click each day on a website, this compounds my deposit in a project I am in. So I click the button then accept the smart contract fees etc and that's it.

I want to automate this through code. So once a day the code connects to wallet and completes the transaction automatically without any user input.

What would be the best way to do this, how would make this transaction everyday, how do I know what data to use when sending the transaction, do I need to scrape if from the website?

Upvote 0

behnam_tr

Licensed User
Longtime User
With the current facilities of the library, can an automatic payment gateway be built??(in b4a/b4j - For Ethereum for now)

like this : https://boxcoin.dev/demo/checkout

1.Actually, I want to use the user to receive money, but the steps should be automatic, not manual
2.Display the payment address to the user
3.Payment made by the user
4.Checking whether the payment has been made or not
5.Display the appropriate message to the user

Last edited:
Upvote 0

behnam_tr

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not familiar with boxcoin.
You can make fully automatic payments with Web3X, however it requires holding the user credentials. This is something that is only relevant for trusted local apps.

The standard way to make secure payments is using MetaMask, which is accessed using JavaScript.
thanks.
Now I have some questions

1 - In the web3x library, after executing the SendFundsImpl command, you use the EthGetTransactionCount command
Is it to confirm the payment on the network?

2 - What are the procedures for confirming a transaction?

3 - For example, inside the app, I show my wallet address to the user for payment
The user also transfers an amount from his personal wallet outside the app(like Trust Wallet- Metamask ,...) to the address of my wallet
Is there a way that I can identify with the codes whether this transaction is done or not?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1. EthGetTransactionCount is called before sending the transaction.
The nonce in ethereum is the transaction count.

2. Once you get a transaction hash you can check its status with EthGetTransactionReceipt.

3. If the user sends the transaction hash then you can verify it with EthGetTransactionReceipt. You do need to take care not to verify an old transaction.

Upvote 0