B4J Tutorial What is B4J?

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
Unless you are calling any platform specific APIs then your program should run as is on any of the supported platforms.

Currently it is not possible to remote debug an application. Though if there is a real need then it can be added in the future.

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
Most of the libraries are included in the installation file. You should be able to download the other B4J libraries from the forum (don't confuse Basic4android libraries with B4J libraries).

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
The UI apps are based on JavaFX. JavaFX is not available in j2me.

Mwinsor

Licensed User
Erel, You said that a B4 tool wasn't on the agenda for iPhone. Is that something we members can change since I would be more then interested to buying it, even if its just for mac?
I would agree. One environment to create android and ios apps would be awesome. I presume there are some Apple applied obstacles in the way of this however.

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
You should post it in a new thread. This thread is about B4J...

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
You are referring to Java applets. Java applets are not supported. Java applets is more or less a "dead" technology due to endless security issues.

You can however implement a web server with B4J. Soon it will be quite simple to create web apps with B4J (requiring a server as well).

spaceman

Licensed User