Android Question What is this? android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just upgraded to Android 9.0 and B4A v9.30 (done the jetifier thing) and I get this trying to install with USB. I will try with B4A Bridge and get back to you. In mean time any suggestions are highly welcomed.

Signing package file (private key). (2.00s)
ZipAlign file. (1.02s) Installing file to device.
Error adb: failed to install AG.apk: Security exception: Permission Denial: runInstallCreate from pm command asks to run as user -1 but is calling from user 0; this requires android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: runInstallCreate from pm command asks to run as user -1 but is calling from user 0; this requires android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS_FULL at com.android.server.am.UserController.handleIncomingUser(UserController.java:1827) at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.

Edit - With B4A bridge it works. Any suggestions for USB?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried disabling USB debug mode when phone is disconnected and enable it again. Same thing happens.

It seems to be though Android related. I tried with a same model phone (Samsung SM-J730F) but with Android 7 and the installation in the other phone works perfect. What I see in the Android 9 phone when I connect the USB is a rotating counter with a percentage which is hidden when it reaches 92% and then the computer recognizes the phone. I am able to see the foiders and browse through them so it is not a connection problem (I think).

Edit - It is not also project related as another project reports the same thing.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I rebooted the phone and now it installs correctly. Maybe it was a temporary staff due to something. Thanks anyway.

Upvote 0