Android Question Where to download latest version?

akosije

Licensed User
Good day!

I purchased my licensed last 2015 I just want to ask if I can still use latest version ? if not what is the most latest version can i use ? am i required to renew my license ?

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Depending on the license you originally bought, you received email for updates for two months or two years.
Assuming 2017 versions are the most up-to-date you have, please consider that a lot is changed at the Android OS level to suggest a renewal. You won't regret it.

Have a look at the official changelog to have an idea about all the new features added in time:
https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-change-log-versions-history.19332/#content

akosije

Licensed User
Ok thanks for the input, maybe I just stick with the 2017 version since I have to start learning all from the beginning and renew once im ready and have enough knowledge. By the way is there any tutorial video or anything that i can watch/read to guide me in learning b4a? Again Thanks!

Xicu

Licensed User
Consider the advice given by Don Manfred and UDG (experts members).

consider that a lot is changed at the Android OS level to suggest a renewal. You won't regret it.
if you plan to develop for higher android versions it is mandatory to use the newest maven artifacts. This implies the need for a recend B4A Version.
I suggest to update your License. You can contact support@basic4ppc.com for a quote.

I also advise you to update your license.
In a very short time, programming with b4a has evolved quite a bit, just like android.
Things that were done in one way, should now be done in another way.
For this the latest version is required.

Sandman

Licensed User
In many cases it's harder to un-learn things than to actually learn them. While I haven't used B4X for very long, I understand that it has evolved very much. So, in case you think it's reasonable that you will at some point upgrade to the latest version, I would advice against (re-)learning your old version. Just bite the bullet and get the latest and learn that instead so you won't be forced to unlearn old stuff.