Android Question Where to download latest version?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by akosije, Aug 14, 2019.

1. akosije

akosije Member Licensed User

Good day!

I purchased my licensed last 2015 I just want to ask if I can still use latest version ? if not what is the most latest version can i use ? am i required to renew my license ?

2. udg

udg Expert Licensed User

Depending on the license you originally bought, you received email for updates for two months or two years.
    Assuming 2017 versions are the most up-to-date you have, please consider that a lot is changed at the Android OS level to suggest a renewal. You won't regret it.

Have a look at the official changelog to have an idea about all the new features added in time:
    https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-change-log-versions-history.19332/#content

Xicu and José J. Aguilar like this.
  3. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

if you plan to develop for higher android versions it is mandatory to use the newest maven artifacts. This implies the need for a recend B4A Version.
    I suggest to update your License. You can contact support@basic4ppc.com for a quote.

Peter Simpson likes this.
  4. akosije

Ok thanks for the input, maybe I just stick with the 2017 version since I have to start learning all from the beginning and renew once im ready and have enough knowledge. By the way is there any tutorial video or anything that i can watch/read to guide me in learning b4a? Again Thanks!

5. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

Click on the LEARN link in the top bar. There are a lot of Videos to learn.

Xicu and Peter Simpson like this.
  6. akosije

7. Xicu

Xicu Member Licensed User

Consider the advice given by Don Manfred and UDG (experts members).

I also advise you to update your license.
    In a very short time, programming with b4a has evolved quite a bit, just like android.
    Things that were done in one way, should now be done in another way.
    For this the latest version is required.

8. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member Licensed User

In many cases it's harder to un-learn things than to actually learn them. While I haven't used B4X for very long, I understand that it has evolved very much. So, in case you think it's reasonable that you will at some point upgrade to the latest version, I would advice against (re-)learning your old version. Just bite the bullet and get the latest and learn that instead so you won't be forced to unlearn old stuff.

Xicu likes this.
  9. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Shelby and Xicu like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice