Android Tutorial Which device are you using?

Just curious as to which device(s) other than the emulator are you using for testing your application. Phone or tablet? Which brand/model/where purchased,etc.? I used a borrowed Cricket android phone and experienced first hand how difficult it might be for a user to get to the buttons or enter data. It gave me good insight on things I had not thought about while designing on the emulator.

Jim Schuchert

HarleyM

Licensed User
Longtime User
HTC Desire (Bravo)

I've been very impressed with my HTC Desire particularly with the support it has on the XDA forums which have enabled the ROM to be be upgraded to gingerbread & effectively doubling the performance (as reported by Quadrant benchmark) It has enabled me to develop a data-logging & data entry application that I use daily at the powerstation I work at. I followed this up with VBA scripts to automatically update an SQL server with it's data & now I've recently been given approval to roll it out for the rest of my colleagues, with an approved budget to purchase Galaxy tabs (7") which I will be adapting it for.

All in all I've been really impressed with the ease in which I've been able to develop using B4A & get this all up & running on the Desire. Hopefully the Samsung Galaxy Tabs will allow me to continue this trend.

Many thanks to Erel & the other members of his support team for all their efforts.

:sign0098:

dealsmonkey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Been using the emulator for screen layout design, the B4a Bridge with my HTC Desire for testing the app.

I found this setup very quick and easy.

jschuchert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your input. I don't really need a phone, per se (my wife and I, together use less than 1000 mins/year on our cells), but only a device for testing. My son-in-law let me use his Cricket phone for a couple of hours and it filled the bill. However, I don't want to be tied into a contract. I have looked on ebay and there are some advertised used 'no contract' phones but not too cheap. The one that interested me ($75) won't take returns. I have used a borrowed Galaxy Tab and it worked great. I am also looking at other tablets but thought the phone size would be more realistic for potential users of my app.

Jim

JOTHA

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use a HTC HD2.

It works normaly with WindowsMobile 6.5, but I have additional a "dual-boot" menue to start Android 2.2 (Froyo) on it.

Everything works fine! :icon_clap:

kanaida

Licensed User
Longtime User
My Device

I got 2, runnin B4A just fine :)

Nook Color running CyanogenMod nightly builds, overclocked a little bit. (1024x600 169 lcd density, a strange but beautiful screen.)

MetroPCS, LG-Optimus M (480x320 i think)

Last edited:

priusfan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Bonjour from france.
I bought 2weeks ago a B4A license and I can already do some devs...
Congratulations for a great tool...
My devices :
Phone: HTC HD,
Tablets: Archos101 and Asus Transformer.

screen : 1280 x 800 160dpi

The last one is ,IMHO, an Ipad killer.

Last edited:

TrueBypass

Licensed User
Longtime User
I use the Nexus One, using ADB.
Android 2.3.3 with CyanogenMod 7.
Works really great, no problems so far :)

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
HTC Desire HD 2.2.1

I've got a standard HTC Desire HD, running Android 2.2.1 with 480x800 res. 240dpi.

I've started a small project with B4A... :) Hopefully getting it on to the market for the end of the month..!

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
HTC desire z

Asmoro

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a SE X10 with standard fw 2.1 + upgrade for dev./daily use and hopefully in the
future buying a 10" tablet (Ipad killer)

I hate Apple stuff, but for dev sake I have to buy it one day.

Asmoro

Caravelle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Asus TF101 Transformer with keyboard, Android 3.1.

But I'm not going to buy B4A with an almost worthless 2 months of updates until the new version for Honeycomb is available !

Caravelle

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Proudly using a Samsung Galaxy S... Nice phone, but a bit tricky to conect to the IDE...I think its a Kies issue...