Android Question XUI layout copy little issue (a Bug?)

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
First of all I have to say: "Outstanding version. Thanks @Erel"!
I starting a new XUI project and I made a simple layout using a panel and a imageview as child view.

LITTLE ISSUE ABOUT IMG FILE
When I copy and paste the panel view (using copy and paste from "Albero View" translated in Italian) within B4i 6.00 Designer (new fresh project) the layout works fine (it runs without errors and with the right size and properties) but I have a little issue because I see a white screen instead of the image that I linked to the imageview.

TEST CASE DETAILS

- B4A 9.50 (XUI LAYOUT CREATION)
1) Using B4A Designer I have added a panel and within it I attached an imageview
2) Using B4A file tab I have created a folder named "Brand Images" and within this folder I putted a file named "kid_and_dog.jpg".
3) I linked the image to the image view and when I run the app and it works fine (I see the image when the app starts).

- B4i 6.00 (XUI LAYOUT PASTE)
1) I pasted the copied panel (from B4A project) within the B4i Three View and it works fine
2) I ran the B4i project within the iPhone emulator and I saw a white screen.
3) I checked within B4i / Designer / Files and I saw an empty folder named "New Group"

I'm wrong? Is there another way to copy the linked files ?
See the attached files...

Thank you in advance for your help :)
Luca.

Attachments

• b4a_app.zip
    382.8 KB · Views: 255
  • b4i_app_with_cp_layout.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 245

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
When you copy views, only the views data is copied. It will not copy other files automatically.

Thanks for your reply.
I thinking about an B4A app that have many images files linked within the views, and will be very useful to have a automatic file transfer (about linked files) between B4A and B4i assets folder (with the same file path "GroupName/files").
This should be great in order to don't loss time during a porting between B4A and B4i App.

Is it in the plan for next versions or I have to put this ("nice to have") within the forum / wishlist ? :)

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is very simple to copy the files between the layouts:
Select the Files tab in the source layout. Click on Ctrl + A. Click on Ctrl + C.
Select the Files tab in the target layout. Click on Ctrl + V.

Ok. This can help :)

Upvote 0