Android Question XUI Views ShowTemplate DateTemplate Option not to close the dialog

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Would it be possible to add to this library the option to pass an argument to ShowTemplate that if picked wouldn't close the dialog. I know I can open the dialog and alter anything I want, but I would like to keep it as a library. The idea is for the DateTemplate to have a button that if clicked would make the years move in steps of 10 instead of 1.

RBS

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
How is the years interval related to the dialog not being closed?

The B4XDialog templates are expected to behave like a dialog where the user can close them. You can create your own template based on the date template code (rename the class) and use it without modifying the library code.

The buttons produced by arguments passed to ShowTemplate close the dialog when being pressed, but I don't want that.
I want to keep the dialog alive and instead change a variable eg: iYearsChange = 10.
Actually this idea is not possible as the code to do with the yearchange is in the template, so I can't do that without changing
the template.
So, I think the way to this would be to create my own template.
But perhaps in that case it might be simpler to just use the AnotherDatePicker class.
Will have a look though at making my own DateTemplate and thanks for that suggestion.

RBS

Upvote 0