B4J Question XUIViewsUtils.CreateLabel

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've just downloaded XUI Views 2.44, The XUIViewsUtils.CreateLabel method does not allow entry of an Event Name. Is this intended?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this intended?
Yes.
1. The click event is rarely needed. You can add a panel and put the label inside it. Or just don't use this method in the rare case where the event is needed.
2. XUIViewsUtils is a regular static code module. It is not possible to raise the event on a different module.
Also, you can create a panel using XUI.CreatePanel; why XUIViewsUtils.CreateLabel?
It is much easier to update the B4X library, compared to updating the three native XUI libraries. It is also not possible to implement XUIViewsUtils.CreateB4XImageView from a a native library.

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can add a panel and put the label inside it
As I recall, this is what I had to do to allow the label (as button) to propagate to the click event.
Extra code (in designer) and knowledge to get to the underlying ( panel - pane click) event... but it works...
Designer gets a little crowded / confusing.

If a panel / pane had (some of) the properties of a label (text and stuff), well then it would be a label?

It "seems" it would be easier if there was a click event for a label, but what the heck do I know...
Frankly - nuttin... I just gratefully use this amazing stuff.

Upvote 0