Games Zombie Killing Game WIP

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, I know I know, I should finish a game to start another, but it's like...

Screenshot_20180522-171905.jpg

I find that the most funny and challenging part of game making is starting a new game, new concepts, new effects... making prototypes is funny! (I've made LOTS of prototypes and only published three games :()

And back on topic, it's a zombie killing game. That simple, there will be blood, destruction, cool physics and a lot of zombies to kill in infinite ways. Killing zombies is allways funny!
This is what I've done (about one week of work, I had a lot of time last weekend)

What I've accomplished: Projected trajectories, bullet trail effect (will change it), ragdoll physics, cool graphics...
I still have to add a good particle system and a lot of elements to complete a prototype. Then, as allways, GUI work, a shop, different characters, different weapons...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the graphics look really great. i am sure it has potential but the problem is that the concept is the same as your catapult game (or angry birds) and i think people are sick of those games BUT you can turn it to something new a fresh. maybe mix jump&run with angry birds style like the level is moving forward and zombies are coming to the player and he needs to shoot at them. this will limit the play of the player with time so he needs to react fast. it will make the game more fun in my opinion.

anyway good luck :)

btn. i am working on an app right now but then i am planning to make a game for ios and android (the same game) it will be a remake of an old game from the 80s but with different assets.

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I know it's the same concept. But I have published three games, I'm very proud of all of them, but Catapult has a lot of downloads while the other ones have almost none, so I just wanted to get back to the same concept (this logic might be totally wrong, but who knows...)
Anyway I'm still not sure about the concept, maybe I'll add some animations so the zombies can approach and kill you, or maybe add some puzzle elements...
And this is not the game I'll launch next, first comes the ball game and the hill climb racing, so I still have time to do this.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
first comes the ball game and the hill climb racing

in my opinion, your hill climb game is your top creation. it looks really awesome. everything runs smooth and physics looks really perfect on the videos. and i really know how hard it is to create such a game.

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Awesome stuff. Do you do the graphics yourself?

P.S. - I still play Angry Birds daily ;)

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
in my opinion, your hill climb game is your top creation. it looks really awesome. everything runs smooth and physics looks really perfect on the videos. and i really know how hard it is to create such a game.
Yeah, you've made me think about it. I've allready done the hard part (terrain generation and rendering, car physics...), maybe I'll put it first in the queue
Awesome stuff. Do you do the graphics yourself?

P.S. - I still play Angry Birds daily ;)

Nope, I'm bat at creating graphics. I get graphics from different sources and modify them a lot until they match together and look how I like.
P.S. Me too, I still like the idea of throwing things against things, I find it terribly funny!

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm sure it will take time. At the moment I'm developing other games (ball game and hill climb)
First I'll launch ball game (it's about 90% done, so it will be the first), then the hill climb racing one, and it's a very big game, it will take a lot of time.
I just started this to have fun, but now I can't put this at the top of the queue or I will never finish my other games!

melonZgz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello again!
Yep, I know it's been a looong time. Since I launched my last game (the hill racing one) I've had a long rest in videogame making. Other projects, other hobbies, personal stuff (it's allways hard to put hundreds of hours in a project and see that people don't like it...)
Now I'm back, and I'd like to finish some projects I left abandoned, like this one. Maybe now I can't work as many hours as I did before, but I'll try to do my best.
So... I've been working on this one, and I have a video of the progress I've made:

A lot of updates, like different enemies, particles, explosions, blood and smoke effects, second hand of Arnold holding the shotgun, shotgun recoil effect...
I'd like to add more elements, like mobile platforms, and maybe a horizontal parallax scroll and make the levels wider.
Then the GUI (allready working on this), sounds, music...

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Good to see that you are back. Now the gaming section of this forum will weak up again and new interesting content will appear 😁

i like a lot the graphics and wish u a lot success with this project.

what could be awesome is if the guy can throw grenades. There is a very nice grenade tutorial by box2d and should be very simple to implement.

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
should be very simple to implement.
Off topic: When I hear this from a non-dev (not you folks here) I start shuddering (plus looking for some ibuprofen for the upcoming headache).

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Other projects, other hobbies, personal stuff (it's always hard to put hundreds of hours in a project and see that people don't like it...)
It looks great. And don't feel alone, we all go through this. There is something to be said for releasing early and developing based on real player feedback from a fully open beta. Don't invest hundreds of hours, invest a few dozen then start getting feedback. It may well be that people would rather have the Arnie character in a minecart shooting zombies while going down a mine track! Or they want multiplayer, or maybe a level designer?