B4J Question Mac Store Packager Tool & Webview Problem

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I am using JanPRO's great tool to package my jar as pkg and send to macstore without a problem. So, I did a major update to my app to v2 and it needs to have some webviews in it. Problem is when i put a webview and even if i just initialize it without loading anything , app is not starting after the packages.

Some findings about this are:
- The jar file works without a problem on mac if it has a webview but after packaging it and installing it , app is not starting , giving an error: "service exited with abnormal code 1"
- This makes me think that, it is a sandbox entitlment problem which we select the permissions while packaging with Janpro's tool. I even tried selecting everything there and it still did not start
- To reproduce the issue yuou can just create a blank project and add a webview. The jar file will work without a problem but after packaging the file if you installl the app , app will not start.
- Tool is using xcode8 & jdk8. updating to xcode9 breaks the tool for now so I have to stick to version 8.

So , I am stucked at this point as I can't publish an update to my app on the store. Would be very happy to take some advices about this.

Thanks,
Tufan

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The Mac machine. This is the Java engine that will run your app.
Unfortunately 8u172 is not working too. If I update to jdk 9 , this time the tool is not working because it is set to work with jdk8. I think it is a dead end then :/

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
After further tests and readings, As i understand , java disabled webbiew to run on mac as they use some private api or stg and they got rejected, so they disabled it after 8u60. When i installed 8u60 and packaged it, app works after installing pkg file, but this time it will be rejected by appreview team i think.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Should I send the app to app review or is it obvious that it will be rejected or maybe even not delivered with application loader ?

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is added by the packager. If you are using the latest version of the packager then you can see all the commands that it calls. It might be possible to remove it and manually build the installer.
I am just using jan's tool. is it possible to modify it still or should I use the packager myself if i can ? ,

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but I'm not familiar with this tool.
ok Thanks ! According to my reading with the url you provided , this problem started to happen starting with u60 update so I tried to switch bak to u51 and send the binary for review. I will post the results

Upvote 0

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

@tufanv:

If the singed package installs and runs properly, your application will probably accepted. If there is a sandbox conflict, the app crashes. In this case, you will get more information in the logs (you can find them in the Console app).
However, as I wrote in our conversation, I am going to check this.

Jan

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

@tufanv:

If the singed package installs and runs properly, your application will probably accepted. If there is a sandbox conflict, the app crashes. In this case, you will get more information in the logs (you can find them in the Console app).
However, as I wrote in our conversation, I am going to check this.

Jan
Thanks Jan ! I will report here the results. I am only afraid that it may be rejected because, as people reported , app does not have a problem with running but while the app is in review, they got rejected because of the libjfxwebkit.dylib is a private api not public. Anyways, we will see if it is ok to build with the old verison 8u_51 as problems started to occur after update 60.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Packaging an app which contains a webview to use with JanPRO's mac packager, you need to use jdk 8u51 at most , not a higher one or it will be rejected by appstore. My binary is accepted which is compiled with 8u51. This is the only way for now until janpro's builder is updated to java9.
Thanks for all the help.

Upvote 0