iOS Tutorial Publishing your app to the App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tutorial explains the steps required to create a store ready ipa file.

1. The first step is to uninstall your app from the device and install it again in Release mode (Tools - Build Server - Build Release App). This is an important test. Similar to the test Apple will run.
Make sure to also test it with airplane mode on.
The certificate used at this point should be the same non-store certificate.

2. Make sure to use a distribution certificate and create a store provision profile.
Managing multiple certificates (in most cases you should always use a distribution certificate): https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...e-certificates-provision-files.48539/#content

3. Add code similar to this to select the new store certificate when the app is compiled in release mode:
B4X:
#If RELEASE
   #ProvisionFile: store.mobileprovision
#END IF

4. Compile your app in Release mode (Alt + T + B + R). Don't try to install the app on the device as it is not possible to install store signed apps.

5. Download the compiled app to the PC: Tools - Build Server - Download last build. This step is required even if you are using a local mac.

You will see this message:
SS-2015-08-23_10.33.26.png

6. Create an app specific password: https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage - Security - App Specific Passwords

7. Upload the IPA with the local builder: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...ct-without-application-loader.110105/#content
Or with the build server - Tools - Build Server - Upload App To Itunes Connect. Make sure to use the app specific password.

Apple App Store review guidelines: https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/

Last edited:

ciginfo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I have no published application on the apple store for more than six months. I just update an application and have to submit it to the apple store.
Can I do as before or the process is different now?
To make an Ipa file I was compiling in release mode with a different certificate than the certificate used to test the app on the device.
Questions:
- What means "Make it safe to also test with airplane mode on."
- I do not understand "The certificate should be the same non-store certificate."
- Now have I to add this code before compilation in release mode?
B4X:
#If RELEASE
   #CertificateFile: ios_distribution.cer
   #ProvisionFile: store.mobileprovision  
#END IF
Thank you.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can change the key folder. It will work as before.

It is now easier to switch to a different key with these two attributes.

1. As a tip I recommend you to install your app on the device in release mode and test it when air plane mode is on. Apple will do a similar test.

2. If you want to run your app on the device in release mode then you should use the development certificate. Not the store certificate.

3. This is an optional feature that allows you to change the keys used during compilation.

ciginfo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I imagine that ios-distribution.cer and ios-developpement.cer must be in the same folder, path is given in the IDE with Tools / Configuration Paths / Folders Key.
Is n't it?

umberto_dev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,
I have the B4I package with hosted mac option, so the compiling part is on your Mac.
I haven't understood wich OS X version I need to publish on Apple Store. I saw an auction on eBay for a 10.8.5 (mountain lion). Is it enough or do I need a more advanced one (10.9 or10.10).
Thank you very much.
Umberto

umberto_dev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you very much, Erel. Sorry for the question, I didn't thought about yesterday it was Saturday. BTW B4I is really a great product, and it's growing well like B4A.
Thank you again.

gudino jose luis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
what is the process to upload a new version of an application to the app store.

my steps were made by the following:

1) changes in the current version
2) Old version: #Version: 1.0
3) new verrions #Version: 1.2
and publish "Upload app to connect to itunes"

I do something else?

15 days have passed and still no update.

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you log into iTunes and select the 1.2 build version and submit it?

gudino jose luis

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, thanks for your time and prompt response.
Attached sending this picture.

As I do for the submit?

ios.png

gudino jose luis

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi
if they were on holiday lei 22 to 28 December.

the problem I see is that it does not appear in the new version of my application "App stores Status" -> "Waiting For Review"

it is as if missing a step

kreativa

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everybody!
I have a problem with app loader.
One I created the developer and itunes connect profile on apple site.
I create new certificate (with .csr created in b4ios), new store app id, new store provision profile, i downloaded them i compile my app in release mode and app loader says:

ERROR ITMS-90035: "Invalid Signature. A sealed resource is missing or invalid. Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target. For more information, please consult https://developer.apple.com/library...deSigningGuide/Introduction/Introduction.html"

Any ideas?

kreativa

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok but no errors found

The only difference between this app and the others that i released is that i need localization permissions and contacts access permissions.

B4i version: 2.00
Parsing code. (0.05s)
Compiling code. (0.11s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.01s)
Building Xcode project (0.06s)
Sending data to remote compiler. (4.13s)
Completed successfully.
Make sure that B4i-Bridge is started (192.168.10.6).
Manually launch the app after installation.
Note that it is not possible to install apps signed with a store certificate.
You can download the ipa file with Tools - Build Server - Download Last Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.