Android Question Running B4A using Linux (Mint)

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I know about VirtualBox and have used it to run B4A. The problem is it is too slow. My Windows version on VB is 10 now and although this is the best Win so far (for me) it is bloated and therefore slow when run in VB.
Has anyone used Wine for this? If so, how was it and do you have any tips?
Thanks!
Forgot to mention that when I absolutely require Windows (not a fan - can you tell?) I dualboot out of Linux and run Win10. This is how I have been getting to B4A. I have no experience using Wine, hence my post.
Thanks Again.
[Added Later] - I just installed Wine using the Software Manager, following the prompts to install a couple more tools. I ran the installation using "Open With Wine Windows Program Loader". This put an icon on my DeskTop (cool!). Not so hot when I clicked on it - I get the little circle "waiting" cursor and then zilch. Still need to keep looking I guess.

Last edited:

nypaulie

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X IDE (starting from B4A 5) depends on WPF. As far as I know it is not supported by Wine.
Yes, thanks Erel. I guess I will reinstall Win7 and give up the better Win10 which takes up too much room on VB and results in sluggish response. I know I had some success on the Win7 platform running B4A. Great using the Bridge to immediately test my stuff on my Kindle Fire!

Upvote 0