B4R Question AddLibrary to B4r

labcold

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all, I am sorry if you all think this is trivial but I'm a newbie to Arduino- :( (but have been using B4a for a couple of years now and Im a competent C programmer) - :)
I am trying to add the rf24 library (and a few others) to the B4r IDE
I downloaded from Github the packages and unzipped them.
I read the thread about needing and XML file and downloaded the B4rH2xml file and ran that.
1) it failed with errors on the rf24.h file, but when I ran it on the rf24config.h it worked well and then appeared in the IDE
2) So I opened a file from the forum about simple use of the rf24 and tried to compile it but it fails - in fact the IDE still shows the basic types etc as unknown missing library reference

OK SO how SHOULD you add a library to B4r?
The documentation site doesn't give any links to wrapped installs for rf24 only the syntax
Maybe Im just being blind but everything has ground to a halt there as a result :(
I am porting a B4a Android app to arduino as its doesnt need the power or overhead.

I would be very grateful if someone could push this donkey in the right direction :p
Harry

labcold

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK so scrap that I finally found in a thread the xml file for rf24. Not quite sure why its not included in the ZIP file as it would have saved a half day searching.
Would it be possible to include links to the latest wrapped versions of the libraries in the B4x documentation or have I missed that too!!!!
Is there an equivalent to the EXCELLENT documentation pages which has the latest wrapped zips for the libraries in the documentation or do you have to go search in github?
Harry
p.s sorry for being such a nerd :p

Upvote 0

labcold

Licensed User
Longtime User
Mmmm curious - I got this file - now I have the right one its OK
Well guess I should drink more coffee before doing Java :p
Thank you for replying so quickly, I really appreciate it!!

btw what I was getting at was wouldnt it be easier for the community if you had the latest version of the wrapped library on either the same or a similar page to the documentation eg.
Libraries
so you click the link and get to the official latest version ...... or maybe im just lazy ????
anyway many thanks
Harry

Attachments

• RF24-1.3.0.zip
    338.8 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0

schemer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am new to Arduino but need the Stepper library. Where do I find the download package for this? Whoops, never mind. o_O I did a search on here and the Stepper zipped file was found. ;)
Thanks
schemer

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0