Android Question Can I symbolic Link the Android folder

tamxir

Licensed User
Hi there

I've just set up my B4A environment including all the associated resources, and I'm ready to get started.

After all the setting upm, I realized the the 'Android' folder is a decent 18.2 GB. I'd rather it not be on my tiny M.2 Boot SSD as space on there is at a premium. Rather than having to re-install everything, I'm hoping I can work around it.

Will the IDE still work if I hard Link the Folder (NTFS Symbolic Link) to one of my Hard drives? I have Win7 64, and have read up on how to do the linking.

If this question has already been answered here, my apologies as I am vision impaired, and have not yet familiarized myself if the forum has a search feature. Why do I want to develop apps because I can barely see? The question is the answer :)

Thank you
tamxir

tamxir

Licensed User
Thank You Erel & klaus

I found the search box. Top left on my screen. Even though I have a big monitor. I need the font scaling up high but not huge. Fortunately I don't need a screen magnifier. I will compliment you that the IDE is quite friendly to my vision after a bit of font size tweaking and theme fiddles.

I moved the 'Android' Folder and adjusted the paths and Windows shortcut. Since I'm yet to start the tutorials, I can't confirm it works. It will. At least it's not one of those dinosaur languages that insists on being in the root directory of drive C: That really irritates me.

Thanks - no reply necessary. klaus, handy of you to have my next steps in your post sig. :)

Regards
tamxir

Upvote 0