Add a way to block thread

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please please please if there is a way to add a plug-in to the forum so that we can block an entire thread post from view, then please install that plug-in, I'll even contribute to it.

Thank you.

Your loyal B4X users Peter...

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I absolutely agree. (Though probably not related to same thread as Peter Simpson means.) I feel like each day gets more and more action in subforums for other languages, which is great - I'm happy for the speakers of those languages. But for me this means more noise and less signal.

Might be relevant links:
- https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/request-for-xenforo-add-on-”ignore-content”.105548/
- https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/forum-upgrade-almost-complete-👍.112491/post-702195
- https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/forum-upgrade-almost-complete-👍.112491/post-703363

(And I do understand the reasoning for not installing that exact plugin, it's just that the problem is still here, and keeps growing... There seems to be a big community related to XenForo, perhaps it would be possible for Anywhere Software to reach out to someone and task them with making a plugin?)

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can't we just add him/her in Ignore List ?

NO NO NO @AnandGupta, it's not the person I want to block/innore as that would be suicidal. No not at all, but an entire annoying thread that is just annoying me and I can't get away from it. It's just one thread I would love to block/ignore. Apart from myself, only one other person knows which thread that is as I've just WhatsApp it to them and they will not say anything to anybody.

Just one simple plug-in and I would be extremely happy 😁

I have in fact already added other users to my ignore list, it's a shame they never ignored me back back in return even after I told them that I was just about to add them to my ever growing ignore list lol...

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Peter,

For now, you can unwatch the thread so you don't get notifications. Then you just have to be disciplined enough not to click on it. I know it's like not scratching an itch and easier said than done when you see a reply :)

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For now, you can unwatch the thread so you don't get notifications.

Hiya Steve (Who is only about 90 miles away from myself).
I'm not watching this particular thread, I never have done. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'm going to use my incredible mental discipline and attempt to just ignore it, that's not going to be easy. But it would be easier if I could just block/ignore it full stop.

Thank you

BTW just north of your location is a great location to go for long walks or power bike rides :cool:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what about not clicking on the thread's link? :)

PMSL why didn't I think of that lol :)
I can't help myself, it's like drugs, which I know absolute nothing about. I have stopped clicking on it now.

Over the years I've just gotten used to clicking on links automatically to read post and sometime help users. It's exactly like a nervous tic, it just happens automatically and you don't know it's happened until it has happened...

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Somebody actually does a plug-in for the forum 🙏
Screenshot_20200312-094950~2_resize_61.jpg

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please please please if there is a way to add a plug-in to the forum so that we can block an entire thread post from view, then please install that plug-in, I'll even contribute to it.

Thank you.

Your loyal B4X users Peter...
Which thread do you want to block. Tell us in a low voice and in one ear we will not tell anyone.

I guess I'm missing out on something interesting.

PS.: But isn't it enough not to read it?

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think this will be implemented.

Look this way many will not read many interesting items which makes our Forum so lovely :D

Regards,

Anand

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User
If its in Chit Chat I wouldn't advocate a block mechanism... Other fora, sure, there would be relevance in trapping Rouge sellers, marketers, mashers and detractors ...... After all Chit Chat is open source thinking in action irritations warts and all.... :cool: