Android Question AdMob not getting ads

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone one, i'm trying to learn how to use AdMob, there are too many updates in the forums that creates some confusion.
I found out this awesome example from @asales but when i change the ID's nothing works anymore.

What i've done:
  1. Went on Firebase to create a new project, downloaded the google-services.json and putted in the app folder
  2. went on AdMob and added a new app
  3. copied the Publisherd ID, the Pub Unit ID and the App ID in the app where needed (i assume): In the manifest, and the various modules (i tried only the interstetial)
i tried to run the app but when a click the button to show the interstetial ad nothing happends, no logs.

Help 😥😥, this thing is driving me crazy

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User

Attachments

• AdMobTest3.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 262
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
are you sure that you copied the right ad placement for the interstitial?

when I replace it with one of mine the interstitial just loads.

also make sure you fill in the payment info or they might not feed ads to your app (to filter out cheater who try again with another account but the same bank account)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User

also make sure you fill in the payment info or they might not feed ads to your app (to filter out cheater who try again with another account but the same bank account)

Yes i'm sure... i really don't know what happen... D:

Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User

i tried to go on AdSense and they wrote ( We are working on your settings) so i think that they are settings some up before i can use those things

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It used to deliver ads faster a few years ago after creating the placements. Now it can take hours up to a day before the ads will show up. (manual checks of accounts?)

Upvote 0

Mike1970

Licensed User
Longtime User
It used to deliver ads faster a few years ago after creating the placements. Now it can take hours up to a day before the ads will show up. (manual checks of accounts?)
A mail arrived saying "Account ready!"
I tried, and nothing changed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So I learn,
  1. Follow Erel's advise to implement ads code
  2. Follow Sorex's advise to check and fill all relevant pages/ids
  3. Have patient and wait.