Wish Android wear emulator in AVD manager stop working

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Anywhere Software,
Lately I can no longer get round or square screen sizes to run in the AVD manager, I'm not sure why. If you could please try creating your own either round or square AVD and let me know what you are getting.

Thank you...

Jorge M A

Licensed User
I report:
I succeeded in creating a Wearable, BUT only with an old copy of the SdkManager version 3.30 I have on my computer.
(without installing any of its recommendations).
1586621713674.png

EDIT: Source Code of SdkManager version 3.30 .

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
With SDK Manager 3.60 I am able to create and run Android Wear Emulator API 26.
If I try to create an API 28 Wear OS Emulator I get the error that only 64bit images are supported, but to me it looks that only x86 image is present in API 28 repository.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
succeeded in creating a Wearable, BUT only with an old copy of the SdkManager version 3.30

Hiya, I'm running the newest B4A SDK Manager with AVG Manager

If I try to create an API 28 Wear OS Emulator I get the error that only 64bit images are supported, but to me it looks that only x86 image is present in API 28 repository.

I know API 28 does not work, but at the same time I can't get API 26 to work either which has always worked for me. I'm just completely stumped as it used to work perfect.

Cheers, I'll have another go at it tomorrow....

Jorge M A

Licensed User
I'm running the newest B4A SDK Manager with AVG Manager
Yes, I know. That's why I allowed myself to make the report that with an old version the creation was successful, and facilitate the revision with Anywhere Software's changes control.

With version 3.60 I have the following error.
B4X:
Device definition not found: Wear OS Round

Also, I noticed that the device descriptions are different between versions 3.30 and 3.60

Wear Square
Wear Round

Wear OS Square
Wear OS Round

Hence I took the file ADVScreen.txt from the Files folder of 3.30, replaced it in version 3.60, compiled and was able to create a new Wear Round device.

I hope this helps to review the released version of the B4A SDK and B4A AVD Managers.

Would you be so kind as to show the descriptions of these devices as they appear to you?
Thank you.

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Would you be so kind as to show the descriptions of these devices as they appear to you?
Thank you.
Sure
wear.png
Now going to try version 3.62

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @Erel
I've installed 3.62 but I'm still not able to get wear os emulators to run, or am I missing something extremely glaringly obvious.

@Jorge M A I can see where you are coming from, and yes mine does say Wear OS Square/Round, but you already knew that ;)

@Sagenut I can't get ANY working and I have the following installed. I can't keep using my smartwatch as WiFi debugging just kills the battery in just a couple of hours and my watch doesn't plug in via USB :mad:

No I can't get Android Wear for platform 26 to show on the list.

I could really do with this resolving ASAP, using an older AVD manager is not really an option for me.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for your response above @Erel.
Anywhere Softwares rapid response and support that is easily second to none, allowed me to create the following tutorial for forum members in just a few hours.