Android Question android31.jar vs android30.jar

Andrew (Digitwell)

Licensed User
Longtime User
To put new apps in the store you need to target Android 31.

However, the jar file which comes with the Required resources on the download page is android30.jar

My app seems to compile and run fine, but I was wondering if I should upgrade to android31.jar

The android.jar post says
android.jar

Set under Tools - Configure Paths. android.jar is a referenced library. It is only used during compilation.
It doesn't affect the runtime behavior and it will not cause your app not to run on older versions.
Use the latest version available to avoid compilation errors.

Thanks

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No. If it runs OK it doesn't need upgrading. You would only need that if you used some feature that was introduced with SDK 31. You can regard the SDK target as determining the runtime behaviour of your app (permissions required, file access allowed etc.) while the android jar it was compiled with merely needs to support the APIs that you actually use as Android is highly backward compatible.

Upvote 0

jblackfield

After the error with android.jar from android studio, i change the path to other android-sdk. the compiler running well but in the end new error message:
Signing package file (debug key). Error
Unsupported option: --v4-signing-enabled. See --help for supported options.
How in the hell i correct this?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
After the error with android.jar from android studio, i change the path to other android-sdk. the compiler running well but in the end new error message:
Signing package file (debug key). Error
Unsupported option: --v4-signing-enabled. See --help for supported options.
How in the hell i correct this?
Carefully follow the installation instructions and it will work.

Upvote 0