Games Anyone want to continue working on my half finished Cannon Fodder clone?

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I started writing a Cannon Fodder clone a long time ago. I finished a PC version over 15 years ago, and around 4 years ago I started porting it to Android when I found the original source code for the PC version (written in Blitz Basic).

But my time is limited, and right now I want to focus on my retro game mobile projects. So does anyone fancy finishing the mobile conversion of my game?

It used LibGDX, but you could change that if you want.

Here's the PC version:

And here's the current state of the Android version:

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
it looks like you have done almost the whole job. i know how hard it is to keep working on big projects but i would recommend you to maybe put 1h/week on this game and in few month you will have a working beta for sure. i really like it, it reminds me the old Rambo3 game on c64 :)

and right now I want to focus on my retro game mobile projects.

i would count this one as a retro game as well.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
i would count this one as a retro game as well.
Well, yes I guess so, Cannon Fodder did come out in 1993, but I was a teenager then, and the retro arcade games I've done like Space Invaders came out 15 years before then, so I class old 16-bit games as classic games, and late '70s arcade games as retro arcade. But then I guess Street fighter 2 arcade is retro too, so now I just feel old.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i wanted to start working on a game long time ago but now i understand the disadvantage of having so many apps online. you deal all day only with updating them. :(

D

Deleted member 103

i wanted to start working on a game long time ago but now i understand the disadvantage of having so many apps online. you deal all day only with updating them. :(
Yes, that's the disadvantage when you have several apps online, you don't have time to develop other apps; especially now with the always new google guidelines.