Android Question App not installed

geoffschultz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I used an app called "AppMgr III" to see what would happen if someone moved my app to external storage. It didn't run after moving it. I tried removing it and reinstalling it, but it will no longer install. I get the message "App not installed" when trying to install it from the Play Store or from B4A-Bridge. I've tried changing all of the project attributes (ApplicationLabel, VersionCode, VersionName) without success. How can I undo whatever has been done?

-- Geoff

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Did you uninstall it using AppMgr III? It may be blocking the subsequent installs if not.

To make it a different app as far as the OS is concerned, you need to change the package name, but that's a drastic last option.
You could also try uninstalling AppMgr III.

Upvote 0

geoffschultz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I removed my app using the normal Android based method. I did not use AppMgr III. I tried uninstalling AppMgr III with no change in behavior.

"Can install to SD" is set to be true.

-- Geoff

Upvote 0

geoffschultz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since this line of questioning isn't going too far, what can cause an "App not installed" message? What vestiges of the installation should I look for and where are they located?

-- Geoff

Upvote 0

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Geoff, it doesn't appear that this question has arisen before on the forum, so it's not surprising that no one can give you a quick answer. As it's a general Android issue (not B4a specific) you'll probably find the answer quicker by Googleing the problem. In fact doing that, there are half a dozen things to try on the first page of results.

As I can't recreate the problem I can't try them out and give you a definitive answer, so give it a go and let us know how you get on.

Upvote 0

geoffschultz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried everything that I could find through Google. Nothing solved it. Finally I did a factory reset and that solved the problem. I'm leaving on a 4 month trip to Panama/Colombia tomorrow where I'll have very limited Internet, so I figured that it would be less painful to re-install everything from here.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm keeping away from those types of apps in the future!

-- Geoff

Upvote 0