cirollo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Solved! put in files folder a png file with these characteristics

120x120

[email protected]

Home screen on iPhone/iPod Touch with retina display

Required

BUT if i compile the release app it says that the file [email protected] is present in the folder and stops compilation...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cirollo

Licensed User
Longtime User
anyone knows because if i compile the release app it says that the file [email protected] is present in the folder and stops compilation?

if i compile in debug the process goes without problem....

Upvote 0

cirollo

Licensed User
Longtime User
SOLVED

if you compile in release mode you have to put the icon file into files tab, in debug you can avoid doing this

Upvote 0

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
Another useful tip - transparent PNG backgrounds don't seem to work. I used a transparent one, but iOS knows best and turned the background to black, with the usual curved corners. So, since my logo went right to the edges, which wouldn't really matter if the transparency worked, the overall effect was nowhere near as pleasing.

So, pick your own background, and make sure that the design of the icon doesn't go right to the edges, for the best effect.

Upvote 0

Turbo3

Licensed User
Longtime User
How do I stop B4i from trying to generate the generic icons for the app?

I have placed my five icon *.png files in Files\Special but when I compile it gets a Building Xcode project Error.
"The file '...\Objects\src\Icon-60.png' already exists."

When I look in \Objects\src\ I see my five icon images. So I am guessing it is still trying to generate the generic ones and does not like seeing my custom ones there. If I remove Icon-60.png file from Special then it fails on the next custom *.png file and Icon-60.png is the generic one. This is what makes me thing it is still trying to create the generic icons.

I have downloaded the Coordinates example code which has custom icons which does compile but I can see no difference between what I am doing and what Coordinates does which works.

What am I missing?
-----------------------
I just moved all the icons from Special up to just Files and it now works.
-----------------------
That only worked for Debug. When I tried to Build Release app I get the same error back again.
------------------------
This is very strange. When I have my icons in Files not Files/Special I get warning #15 "File '*.png' is not used' when I compile with Debug which is not really true because I see the icons used on the device in place of the generic Blue one.
------------------------
Not sure if this is the problem but my code is just the generic Code module default when you open "New" with the addition of one line (Page1.RootPanel.LoadLayout("Summary")) to load the layout just after "Page1.RootPanel.Color = Colors.White".

The other two subs are empty (Page1_Resize and Application_Background).

Is there some Sub that needs to have code that is causing my app Icon problems?
=================
Got it working but some thing is very wrong here.

I copied over the icons from Coordinates example into my app's Special folder and now I have an app icon in both debug and release compiles. As expected the icon is the Coordinates' icon.

So something is wrong with one or more of my icons, right? I then replace each Coordinate icons in my app Special folder with my original icon. One by one and do a Release. Each time it works until I have replaced all five icons with my original ones.

What is going on here? Now B4i likes my icons just because it saw the Coordinate ones first? Yes that is what appears to happen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

boastrike

Licensed User
Longtime User

I have placed my five icon *.png files in Files\Special but when I compile it gets a Building Xcode project Error.

When I look in \Objects\src\ I see my five icon images. So I am guessing it is still trying to generate the generic ones and does not like seeing my custom ones there. If I remove Icon-60.png file from Special then it fails on the next custom *.png file and Icon-60.png is the generic one. This is what makes me thing it is still trying to create the generic icons.

I have downloaded the Coordinates example code which has custom icons which does compile but I can see no difference between what I am doing and what Coordinates does which works.

What am I missing?
-----------------------
-----------------------
That only worked for Debug. When I tried to Build Release app I get the same error back again.
------------------------
This is very strange. When I have my icons in Files not Files/Special I get warning #15 "File '*.png' is not used' when I compile with Debug which is not really true because I see the icons used on the device in place of the generic Blue one.
------------------------
Not sure if this is the problem but my code is just the generic Code module default when you open "New" with the addition of one line (Page1.RootPanel.LoadLayout("Summary")) to load the layout just after "Page1.RootPanel.Color = Colors.White".

=================

I copied over the icons from Coordinates example into my app's Special folder and now I have an app icon in both debug and release compiles. As expected the icon is the Coordinates' icon.

So something is wrong with one or more of my icons, right? I then replace each Coordinate icons in my app Special folder with my original icon. One by one and do a Release. Each time it works until I have replaced all five icons with my original ones.

What is going on here? Now B4i likes my icons just because it saw the Coordinate ones first? Yes that is what appears to happen.

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Exactly as you have stated, except I cannot get my icons to show at all; only the icons from the Coordinate app seem to work. The instructions are very simple, and more difficult to get wrong than right. I hope this issue can get resolved soon.

Upvote 0

MotoMusher

Licensed User
Longtime User
Boastrike. I didn't have any issues. All of my icon name are lowercase, I did notice that Turbo3 has changed capitalization from the coordinates app, so not sure if that is an issue. I also duplicated my icons into the Files folder as well, as it was mentioned in another thread as a suggestion.

Upvote 0

boastrike

Licensed User
Longtime User
Boastrike. I didn't have any issues. All of my icon name are lowercase, I did notice that Turbo3 has changed capitalization from the coordinates app, so not sure if that is an issue. I also duplicated my icons into the Files folder as well, as it was mentioned in another thread as a suggestion.

Sweet. I will try the lowercase option. I am sure it is something like this that I am overlooking. Thanks for the response! Boa

Upvote 0

boastrike

Licensed User
Longtime User

What am I missing?
-----------------------
-----------------------
------------------------
------------------------

=================

I solved the issue on this end. We continually got build errors as described by turbo 3. The issue was that we were building from a file within drop box. There is a slight delay in syncing and file creation.

During the build process, files are copied to bin / src. During this copy process, due to the delay, the file was being "created twice". Moved the folder out of drop box and had no problems.

Upvote 0