Other Appodeal questions

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Although I have not published apps (but surely I will do this within the next 20 years :p), I would like some clarification from those who have used Appodeal.

For the moment I limit my questions about the "Rewarded Videos".

To reward someone who has completely seen an Ad Video I could use a "non-skippable" video (I could give the award in the event xxxFinished). This part of the code could be modified by a hacker (he may also change the amount of some data, for example the remaining lifes, elsewhere).

So I suppose that the two parameters: "amount" and "name" received in xxxFinished event of "Rewarded videos" are special; have they relationships with the Google "In-App billings"? But if so, would work they with AdMob only and then you lose the main added value of Appodeal (the selection of the best Ad Network)?

In summary: has someone used Rewarded Videos with Appodeal?

Thank you

CyclopDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Mmm but are you sure when AdBuddiz pay more to AppoDeal? Test it but save you project code with AppoDeal ;)
I think your game , including at least a month , will give you satisfaction and economic revenue also using AppoDeal. ;)

Upvote 0

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think Adbuddiz is a good option. I'm still using Adbuddiz since 3 years ago. When my app users "take action" (a.k.a download their games/ads), they pay me $0.25 ~ $1.5/download. It's really good payment but the problem is their ads for my country is limited.

Upvote 0

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
The good thing of this is that you can change the adverstising network when you want. So if I dont't like adbuddiz I can switch back to appodeal, or try another...

Why don't you combine them?
I always try to show Adbuddiz ads first because its revenue is higher. If loading Adbbuddiz ads failed just call another ads from Appodeal.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Am I wrong or you should use Appodeal because it should automatically selects the best Ad network for your app?

---

I start to think that the "In-app billings" let you earn more than advertising.

Most users do not take actions on advertising; to earn a few euro (or cents) thousands of impressions are needed.

By selling in-app objects, say for 1.99 €, you can earn as much as thousands of impressions, I suppose. Moreover, if then an user will no longer use your app, he will have already spent and you will have already earned. Instead, to earn from user's impressions he must often use your app.

For example, playing Zynga Poker you can send a donkey to an opponent; this donkey will exist only in that single game and you spend fake dollars (your capital) to send it.
I could instead sell the "donkey gun" as user's permanent object, for 2/3 euros (perhaps limiting its "firepower" to a maximum of 10 donkeys per game, to not clog the game).
I think this is more profitable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For many years and still i am trying the ad networks. And after so many efforts i can say that
1) Rewarded videos do not earn you anything
2) Ads are not a good way UNLESS you have a very addictive game or "too many sessions" app
3) In-app are the best . 1 in app equals 1 week of impression
4) Admob still gives the best ecpm

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess the above depends on your app and users. The amount of people that buy an ad remover for example is so low that most people earn more on the ads.

Also the ad remover might be worse when you look at it long term as you might earn more on the ads if it is player that keeps playing than the 1 time remover cost.

If you have a game that relies a lot on game objects or powers the in-app stuff might be better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess the above depends on your app and users. The amount of people that buy an ad remover for example is so low that most people earn more on the ads.

If you have a game that relies a lot on game objects or powers the in-app stuff might be better.

Probably the kind, the "features" (how it works - if on line, if multiplayer/multiuser) of an app are crucial but...
however I think you will earn more using in-app billings than from ads (you need too many impressions for a few cents).

I will not give a chance to remove the advertising. Don't you like/want ads? Uninstall my app.

Also, you can use both, ads and in-app; this is "hard" to set, actually: which libraries should I use? (I should open a new thread about this).

Today I asked to Appodeal and they answered that their SDK does not implement in-app billings.

Can I use Appodeal and "use" this Erel's tutorial?
Should I use the same tutorial and AdMob library (which thread is very old, 2011)?

I don't know. Fortunately, when my app will be ready, apps will no longer exist :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0