Android Question AR Library Compilation ERRORS (requires --min-sdk-version >= 26)

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All, i'm trying to play around wrapping some parts of Google's ARCore Library, however i keep getting the following error, i've seen this before but i'm not sure how I was able to get rid of this error, does anyone have ant suggestions, I have been going at this for almost an entire day without any success, i have copied both the Jar and .aar files to the additional libraries folder so i'm really not sure at this point what the issue could be.

The error is the following:
B4A Version: 8.30
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.02s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Organizing libraries. (1.04s)
Generating R file. (0.71s)
Compiling debugger engine code. (0.99s)
Compiling generated Java code. (1.32s)
Convert byte code - optimized dex. Error
Uncaught translation error: com.android.dx.cf.code.SimException: invalid opcode ba (invokedynamic requires --min-sdk-version >= 26)
Uncaught translation error: com.android.dx.cf.code.SimException: invalid opcode ba (invokedynamic requires --min-sdk-version >= 26)
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Translation has been interrupted
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:692)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMonoDex(Main.java:315)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runDx(Main.java:293)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:249)
at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:94)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException: Too many errors
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:684)
... 4 more

I will really appreciate if someone could shed some light on this problem, i really would like to wrap the ArSceneView View at and the ArSceneFragment part of this library.

Thanks in advance, hope i can get some answers soon.

Walter

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the manifest file:
B4X:
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="21" android:targetSdkVersion="26"/>

Try changing the first part (minSDKversion) to "26" (as described in the error message).

Then see what happens...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The error is the following
the solution posted will probably not help at all as AR Apps needs to be a InstantApp. I mean if google does not changed this requirement in the meantime...

Upvote 0