Bug? B4A 5.02 - Designer

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There's an issue with the designer, the error shown HERE occurs when you:

In this example I have 2 buttons on the designer: StartButton and StopButton (look at the script part).

1- Selected StopButton
2- Deleted StopButton
3- Run the script (an error saying that a button is missing will show up, that's fine)
4- Selected StartButton
5- Right clicked and selected DUPLICATE (or Copy)
6- Gave the duplicated button the same name of the deleted button (StopButton)
7- Run the script
8- ERROR!!

After that point, you cannot use the designer.

Even if I comment (or delete) the line on the script (StopButton.Bottom = 100%y) the error still persists as you can see HERE

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It was helpful. It happens when you change the name and immediately switch to "script mode" before the change is committed. If is fixed for the next update.

The workaround is to press on Enter after you change the name. This will commit the change.

Note that the layout is not corrupted after this error happens. You can save the layout and then close the designer and open it again.

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It was helpful. It happens when you change the name and immediately switch to "script mode" before the change is committed. If is fixed for the next update.

The workaround is to press on Enter after you change the name. This will commit the change.

Note that the layout is not corrupted after this error happens. You can save the layout and then close the designer and open it again.
Another workaround is to SAVE the layout after any changes.

Thanks.

CyclopDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Designe of 5.02 version work bad
1) When I insert object it's not see when i call of project code;
2) All Object have a trasparent color default;
3) If I insert a new object with the code...it's not displayed!
3)... I would like to return to the previous version, but I do not know if my current codes and project (saved with 5.02), will be read without problems.

Thanks