Android Tutorial B4A Book Updated to Version 8.30

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Examples' started by PhilipBrown, Jun 19, 2018.

1. PhilipBrown

PhilipBrown Active Member Licensed User

[​IMG]
    I am happy to announce that the B4A tutorial and reference book "Rapid Android App Development using BASIC" by Wyken Seagrave has now been updated to cover version 8.30 of B4A.
    The table of contents and index can be found at http://pennypress.co.uk/index-of-b4a-book/

Free Upgrade for Ebook
    Customers who have bought the ebook in PDF, EPUB and Kindle formats from the Penny Press Store can now obtain a FREE upgrade to the latest edition for at least the first two years of ownership by visiting the upgrade page http://pennypress.co.uk/b4a/upgrade/. Upgrades after that might not work.

Free ebook and shipping with every paperback
    The paperback version sold from the Penny Press store now includes free standard shipping and a free copy of the ebook in EPUB, PDF or Mobi for Kindle versions.

Hardback version available
    A hardback version of the book is available (or soon will be) from all good bookshops. Please quote the ISBN 9781871281460.

Customers who purchased from Amazon in Kindle can update as described at http://pennypress.co.uk/automatic-kindle-update/.

Reviews on Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars

By Sylvain Don 20 September 2017

Format: Paperback|Verified Purchase

Essential to start with VB4A. everything is reviewed in a clear manner with examples.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has been really helpful in understanding how to create Android apps using this great (fairly) new [platform].

By John on 20 December 2016 – Published on Amazon.com

Verified Purchase

I am a programmer, new to B4A. This book has been really helpful in understanding how to create Android apps using this great (fairly) new platform

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book. A lot of functionality is included 30 Mar. 2016

By David M. Acre – Published on Amazon.com

Good book. A lot of functionality is included.

5.0 out of 5 stars B4A is a Great product! This book is a GREAT Read! 13 April 2016

By Amazon Customer – Published on Amazon.com

Well written. Easy read! Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lo mejor de lo mejor 1 April 2016

By victor medrano pmb #36382 – Published on Amazon.com

Incredible

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars 7 Mar. 2016

By Kjell Hasthi – Published on Amazon.com

Well written

Available from USA Amazon, UK Amazon and all other Amazon stores.

Also available in Kindle, PDF and EPUB versions from Penny Press store.

Readers Comments About Earlier Editions

"This was a book that I now use as a constant reference and have found it a mine of information."

"Brilliantly written and presented."

"Excellent book. Just what I was looking for."

"I will not now be able to think of developing an app without this book at my side."

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  2. Ferbis

Ferbis Member Licensed User

Please @Erel give @PhilipBrown a rest :)[​IMG]

It incredible how he can follow you keeping the book up-to-date with all the improvements you keep doing in such a short period of time.

Many thanks to both of you for the work you are doing

PhilipBrown likes this.
  3. jgmdavies

jgmdavies Member Licensed User

Nooooooooooo - no rest for Erel!!

4. Ferbis

Ferbis Member Licensed User

:D:D:D

5. PhilipBrown

The following change in terms of sale have been reluctantly introduced because of a change in the time that records are stored by Paypal. Sorry for any inconvenience:

Customers who buy the ebook from the Penny Press store will be able update free when new versions are published for at least the first two years of ownership. After that updates might not work.

6. PhilipBrown

I am pleased to add that all transactions on the Penny Press website are now protected by an SSL certificate, making all purchases secure.

Erel likes this.
  7. SeaBee

SeaBee Member Licensed User

I have the print edition for B4A 6.0, it is probably time to upgrade. I normally prefer print for programming books, but the digital version would probably be more convenient on my tablet.

One question - is the content easily searchable in the digital version?

Thanks,

Chris C-B

8. PhilipBrown

Yes the electronic versions (PDF, EPUB and Mobi for Kindle) are all searchable.

Note that from today the paperback version now includes a free copy of the ebook and free shipping, so you might want to consider that. It is available at https://www.pennypress.co.uk/store-2/.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  9. SeaBee

Thanks for the quick reply, but I think you have given the wrong link. It goes to my.ecwid.com/store/ and is offering to open an online store for me. Is there any other way I can get book and eBook together?

Thanks,

Chris C-B

10. PhilipBrown

Hi Chris,

Sorry for my mistake.
    I have changed the link to https://www.pennypress.co.uk/store-2/ from where you can navigate to the paperback book.

11. SeaBee

Many thanks - all done and dusted!

Chris C-B

12. John W. Miescher

John W. Miescher Member Licensed User

Thank your this alert. When I tried to get my free upgrade I received the following message on the penny web page:

"Want to download FREE upgrades to your e-books?
    Click
    Sign In and create a free account BEFORE you buy!"

I did sign in as told, but could not find the area to create a free account. What did I miss?
    Thanks for your help,
    john m.

13. clarionero

clarionero Active Member Licensed User

It includes the new features of B4A 8.30 and its implications with the Oreo version of Android (for example new conditions of use for the Services,...) It is highly recommended.

Rubén

PhilipBrown and Erel like this.
  14. PhilipBrown

15. PhilipBrown

Thanks very much Ruben

16. John W. Miescher

John W. Miescher Member Licensed User

Dear Philip.
    I did go to that page but obviously did not scroll down but clicked on the first available PennyPress link.
    But finally I was able to download it, thanks to your help.
    john m.

17. PhilipBrown

It is a pleasure to help. Thanks for your interest in the book.

18. Martin Larsen

Martin Larsen Active Member Licensed User

I went to Penny Press to see if there were a new edition. but the website is down. Or rather, blank. No content.

Hopefully just a glitch.

19. PhilipBrown

Hi Martin,

Yes the Penny Press website was down. It has now been fixed.
    By the way you can also access the online store via https://pennypress.ecwid.com

We will be starting work on a new edition of the book in January.

20. AnandGupta

AnandGupta Active Member Licensed User

I am grateful to PhilipBrown, for the excellent book on B4A.
    It is not not just a guide but an elder holding hands of a toddler (developer) till he matures enough to walk alone.

Thanks a lot for the hard work you have done Phil.

Regards,

Anand

Martin Larsen likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice