Android Tutorial B4A-Bridge a new way to connect to your device

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Examples' started by Erel, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moster67

moster67 Expert Licensed User

I also have problems.

I can't find any outgoing calls using "NetStat -a" on my PC. I have disabled FIrewall. ADB with USB works nicely with my device. I tried to launch the log as suggested by you but it's only popolated by some "b". Nothing in log which indicates a problem.

Does B4A Bridge on the device open a specific port? Perhaps it's in use on my device?

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

B4A-Bridge listens on port 6789.
    Can you 'ping' the device IP?

3. susu

susu Well-Known Member Licensed User

I tried with wifi at my home, device still say "My IP: 192.168.16.20" (the same IP I tried at work). Is it strange? I ping this IP and can't reach.

Ps: I run "basic4android -log" and got error from Windows

Basic4android has stopped working

Problem details:

4. Erel

Maybe the real IP is different for some reason?
    Check the IP reported in your device network settings.

It seems like some network problem. Your device should respond to the ping request.

About the logs. Create a folder named C:\Temp and it should work. Though I don't think that there will be anything useful there in this case.

5. susu

You're right, the "real IP" of my device is 192.168.0.110 and it works. I just don't know why B4A Bridge keep saying that my IP is 192.168.16.20? Maybe it's a bug?

6. Erel

Are you also connected to a mobile network? Maybe it is returning the mobile network IP.

7. susu

No, my laptop and mobile connected to the same wifi network. I also disconnect my mobile from 3G/EDGE.

8. Erel

It's good that we were able to solve it.
    I will investigate this issue.

9. susu

Yes, I'm satisfied with B4A Bridge. Hope you will add more functions soon. Thank you :D

10. moster67

moster67 Expert Licensed User

Erel,

Problem resolved. Got error due to a custom ROM. Flashed another one and now it works.

Great tool!

11. wes58

wes58 Active Member Licensed User

B4A-Bridge works fine with Basic4Android but when I try to connect adb from the Command prompt, using: "adb connect 192.168.0.10:6789" I get the status on the PC that adb connected to the device, but then, on the device I get a message that "B4A-Bridge has stopped unexpectedly".
    Any solution for that?

12. tremara1

tremara1 Active Member Licensed User

awwwesommmme!!

I cant believe the pain banging my head against the emulator was and now what a joy it is to develop......thank you.........

13. Erel

B4A-Bridge is not supposed to work with ADB.

14. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

You may want to check out this B4A-BridgePlus device file management utility. It does have Erel's blessing!

15. bobsimoneau

bobsimoneau Member Licensed User

I liked it better in version 1.2 where you could start the emulator automatically. I do not see the use for the bridge for me. I dislike having to remember to start the AVD manager first. Perhaps there should be a setting to choose bridge or AVD.

16. anuj0sharma

anuj0sharma Member Licensed User

hello

Hello Admin and all expert members :sign0085:
    I am a new bee :sign0104: to the android development and not familier with any java coding..I want to connect my development platform to my pc via b4a-bridge.

1. where to find the "b4a-bridge.apk"? the link in foram has all source file in the zip. can anyone share the file?

2. how can I compile those source to .apk ? [if doing so is easy, I do not have eclipse]

3. can I use wired LAN between device and my pc to connect via b4a-bridge?
    [no wireless capability in the device]

4. does b4a-bridge supports android 1.6? [as the device for devlopment runs the same]

17. Erel

18. anuj0sharma

thanks for the prompt reply Erel :icon_clap:
    I am trying my hands on b4a trial version only.
    please compile the code and try to post the apk file to install it on the develpment device side.
    thanks for the help, Erel.

19. Erel

There is no need to compile any code. The link I posted in the previous post is for the device application. You can also download it from the market. Search for B4A Bridge.

20. anuj0sharma

:signOops:

I tryed that link. in my pc its always gets downloaded as a zip file with souce files inside. Is there a problem at my end?

anyways, sent u a requiest for standard version purchase..please do consider.
    thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice