Android Tutorial B4A-Bridge a new way to connect to your device

Status
Not open for further replies.

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also have problems.

I can't find any outgoing calls using "NetStat -a" on my PC. I have disabled FIrewall. ADB with USB works nicely with my device. I tried to launch the log as suggested by you but it's only popolated by some "b". Nothing in log which indicates a problem.

Does B4A Bridge on the device open a specific port? Perhaps it's in use on my device?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried with wifi at my home, device still say "My IP: 192.168.16.20" (the same IP I tried at work). Is it strange? I ping this IP and can't reach.

Ps: I run "basic4android -log" and got error from Windows

Basic4android has stopped working

Problem details:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried with wifi at my home, device still say "My IP: 192.168.16.20" (the same IP I tried at work). Is it strange? I ping this IP and can't reach.
Maybe the real IP is different for some reason?
Check the IP reported in your device network settings.

It seems like some network problem. Your device should respond to the ping request.

About the logs. Create a folder named C:\Temp and it should work. Though I don't think that there will be anything useful there in this case.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
You're right, the "real IP" of my device is 192.168.0.110 and it works. I just don't know why B4A Bridge keep saying that my IP is 192.168.16.20? Maybe it's a bug?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, my laptop and mobile connected to the same wifi network. I also disconnect my mobile from 3G/EDGE.

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I'm satisfied with B4A Bridge. Hope you will add more functions soon. Thank you

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

Problem resolved. Got error due to a custom ROM. Flashed another one and now it works.

Great tool!

wes58

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A-Bridge works fine with Basic4Android but when I try to connect adb from the Command prompt, using: "adb connect 192.168.0.10:6789" I get the status on the PC that adb connected to the device, but then, on the device I get a message that "B4A-Bridge has stopped unexpectedly".
Any solution for that?

tremara1

Licensed User
Longtime User
awwwesommmme!!

I cant believe the pain banging my head against the emulator was and now what a joy it is to develop......thank you.........

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A-Bridge is not supposed to work with ADB.

bobsimoneau

Licensed User
Longtime User
I liked it better in version 1.2 where you could start the emulator automatically. I do not see the use for the bridge for me. I dislike having to remember to start the AVD manager first. Perhaps there should be a setting to choose bridge or AVD.

anuj0sharma

Licensed User
Longtime User
hello

Hello Admin and all expert members :sign0085:
I am a new bee :sign0104: to the android development and not familier with any java coding..I want to connect my development platform to my pc via b4a-bridge.

1. where to find the "b4a-bridge.apk"? the link in foram has all source file in the zip. can anyone share the file?

2. how can I compile those source to .apk ? [if doing so is easy, I do not have eclipse]

3. can I use wired LAN between device and my pc to connect via b4a-bridge?
[no wireless capability in the device]

4. does b4a-bridge supports android 1.6? [as the device for devlopment runs the same]

anuj0sharma

Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks for the prompt reply Erel :icon_clap:
I am trying my hands on b4a trial version only.
please compile the code and try to post the apk file to install it on the develpment device side.
thanks for the help, Erel.

anuj0sharma

Licensed User
Longtime User
:signOops:

I tryed that link. in my pc its always gets downloaded as a zip file with souce files inside. Is there a problem at my end?

anyways, sent u a requiest for standard version purchase..please do consider.
thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…