Bug? B4A v5.0 - Can't connect with B4A-Bridge with Bluetooth

jkbassingit

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just upgraded to v5.0 today and I am unable to connect with B4A Bridge v2.09 to my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 with Android 4.1.2. It only gets to the "Trying to connect..." on the bottom of the screen.
upload_2015-6-8_10-38-6.png

I was able to do this on the previous version of B4A.
I have Windows 7. I already tried reinstalling B4A.

I love the new look of v5 though.

Josef Graessle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have I understood it right, that B4A-Bridge Bluetooth is not supported in Version 5.02? I used this connection for debugging all the time. When will it be available again? The next time you should warn before I install the new release that some old features are not implemented already. After the installation of 5.02 and opening my old projects, I cannot go back to the old version with bluetooth bridge support. I get error messages, that a newer version is needed of B4A is needed.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The next time you should warn before I install the new release that some old features are not implemented already
Next time please release the release notes: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4a-v5-00-has-been-released.54653/
It clearly says that B4A-Bridge over Bluetooth is not available.

Note that you can easily downgrade to v4.30. Just save the project once and the warning will disappear.

I do not know when and if B4A-Bridge over Bluetooth will be reimplemented. B4A-Bridge over wifi and USB debug mode are both better (quicker and more reliable) than the Bluetooth implementation.