Android Question adb.exe entry point not found

Richard Lord

Licensed User
Houston I have a problem, please help.

B4A v 8.00
Win XP .net 4.0
Samsung J3 (2015)
Android 5.1.1

I tried out the google maps sample, and in doing so I had to use the SDK manager to install (all recommended) Android-28.

Now I get adb.exe error Entry point not found in .dll. I am using B4A-Bridge (v2.53), after searching the forum I am confused as to why, since I read that B4A-Bridge does not use adb!

I have given up with the google map view and now just send a postcode to the google app via Intent etc. (I don't want to pay for the geolocate service).

I have tried to reverse what I have done to break my Installation, but I cannot get B4A working with my previously working projects.

I have run repair on my .net 4, I have changed the android.jar path to an earlier platform and I have reinstalled B4A (a similar post suggested "Broken B4A setup").

I cannot get rid of the adb error, and when I set the sdk min version in the manifest to an earlier version, I get :-
B4A Version: 8.00
Parsing code. (0.05s)
Compiling code. (0.72s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.03s)
Organizing libraries. (4.83s)
Generating R file. Error
ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:font
ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:fontStyle
ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:fontVariationSettings
ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:fontWeight
ERROR: In <declare-styleable> FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:ttcIndex

Can anyone help, or do I just have to bin XP and move on?
Thank you in advance.

Richard Lord

Licensed User
Thank you for that Erel,
Your SDK manager installed it (no warnings), I can't find any method to uninstall or rollback in the SDK manager.
Could you tell me how I should uninstall.
And could you clarify the Bridge - adb question (what is firing adb.exe?)
and do you know what is the last version that did work on XP?
Thanks again.

Upvote 0