B4A Library B4A XML file help viewer

The xml files that describe a library to Basic4android contain the descriptions of object members that are visible in the the IDE Intellisense. In addition they can also contain, as my library xmls do, an overall description of the library itself and of each object within the library. This information, for the official libraries, is shown in the online help but is not accessible in the IDE.

Here is the latest version of my Basic4Android help viewer which displays the same information as the Basic4Android IDE and online help but in a more compact format. I have updated it to show overall library and object help. Brief help is shown when it is started. Select an object to see the overall help for that object, if any. Load a library xml file to see the overall help for that library, if any.

This viewer is the only way, at the moment, that this information can be viewed for my libraries, and for the official libraries on the desktop. I have one or more copies of it open all the time as a reference and have found it invaluable to explore Basic4Android.

EDIT:- Version 2.0 posted. See post #5 for details.

EDIT:- Version 2.1 posted. See post #7 for details.

EDIT:- Version 2.2 posted. See post #12 for details.

EDIT:- Version 2.4 posted. See post #29 for details.

Download link: www.b4x.com/android/files/B4AHelp2.4.zip

Last edited by a moderator:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This happens to me as well. Malawarebyte (Corporate version) continues to indicate that many of my old programs written with Basic4PPC is malware :(

Of course this is not true. Just click on ignore. I have written to Malawarebyte explaining these "false" hits but I never received any reply. However, now in the office we have bought more than 200 licenses so hopefully if I write again they will listen to me.

I will let you know if I get a reply this time.

Hi Andrew.
My licence of Malwarebytes found in your exe a

Backdoor.MSIL.Pgen

What's the problem?

Thanks in advance

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Suggestions...

I was prepared to build my own version but saw you had beaten me to it (probably by a few years also ;)).

Thanks VERY much for this, it makes my job of finding documentation much easier.
I do however have some suggestions. (If I may be so bold)

• Allow the Window to be resized. Use Anchor properties to keep the buttons on the top anchored to the right.
  • Replace the Dropdowns with two listboxes. This will allow the User to essentially browse the library.
  • Make the Textbox ReadOnly
  • Make the two dropdowns ReadOnly (i.e. Simple Text Boxes)
  • Replace the TextBox with a RichTextBox, thus allowing you to colorise the output.

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, so with no answer from anyone for a few days, I couldn't wait.

Here is a screenshot of the tool I have come up with:

B4ADocLoader.png

I still have some changes I want to make to allow me to build my documentation sets faster, but I think it's ok for a day's work.

I will create another thread and put the details in there - how to get/install etc.

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User

Laurent95

Licensed User
Longtime User

sparks9941

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to select and copy some of the sample code in the help viewer but nothing comes up when i right click on it. Is there a way to copy?

Vader

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, so with no answer from anyone for a few days, I couldn't wait.

Here is a screenshot of the tool I have come up with:

B4ADocLoader.png

I still have some changes I want to make to allow me to build my documentation sets faster, but I think it's ok for a day's work.

I will create another thread and put the details in there - how to get/install etc.

Wow, it's interesting to look back at what you start with and compare with where you are today.