B4i (iOS) - Updates thread

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
Congratulations on your success. The Old Steve Job is good at hardware,but you are New Steve Job who is good at software. I hope in the future,you will create b4robotic .

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
First B4i app in Apple App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/b4i-coordinates-calculator/id915366768?mt=8

This app was 100% written with B4i. This is an important milestone for B4i.
:)

The app itself is quite simple. It uses the Geodesic class to convert between Lat/Lon coordinates to UTM coordinates (in several possible datums).

screen568x568.jpeg

I will post the code when B4i will be released.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Will Warwounds excellent OSMdroid library work with B4i? I ask because, although I know very little about iOS, there doesnt seem to be 3rd party mapping available, only Google maps and Apple maps as far as I can see.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Will Warwounds excellent OSMdroid library work with B4i?
No. B4A libraries are written in Java and make calls to Android SDK. B4i libraries are written in Objective C and are based on iOS SDK.
B4J libraries are written in Java and are based on the Java SDK. In many cases you can use the same library in B4A and B4J. However you can never use a Java library with B4i.

It doesn't mean that B4i libraries APIs are different. Wherever possible the APIs will be the same. So you will be able reuse as much as possible code between projects targeting different platforms.

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
No. B4A libraries are written in Java and make calls to Android SDK. B4i libraries are written in Objective C and are based on iOS SDK.

Thanks for the quick reply Erel. Is there be a solution for 3rd party maps in iOS? Simply put, can I use OpenStreetMap in iOS apps?

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
First B4i app in Apple App Store:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/b4i-coordinates-calculator/id915366768?mt=8

This app was 100% written with B4i. This is an important milestone for B4i.
:)

The app itself is quite simple. It uses the Geodesic class to convert between Lat/Lon coordinates to UTM coordinates (in several possible datums).

screen568x568.jpeg

I will post the code when B4i will be released.

Yes, it feels the very good news of the announcement of B4i in the very very near future...:)

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but I'm not yet familiar with the available maps SDKs.

Thats ok, pleased to see you are human after all ;)

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but I'm not yet familiar with the available maps SDKs.

Is there an iOS equivalent of the android "Webview" control that can be used to host a googlemaps webpage?

Osi

Licensed User
Longtime User
That can be useful. It will allow you to write libraries.

Would b4i also accept libraries written in Swift?

I hope we can use local macs. I have a macbook pro, and picking up the newest macmini in 2 weeks. I'm in Alaska, so internet outages are VERY frequent and last a long time. Requiring some sort of remotely hosted mac is a big negative here.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there an iOS equivalent of the android "Webview" control that can be used to host a googlemaps webpage?
Yes there is a WebView view.

Would b4i also accept libraries written in Swift?
Currently no. Will probably be added in the future. The same is true about local macs.

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice Erel,
Can't wait to get hands on B4i