Other B4i v1.00 release discussion thread

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
That should work, I was talking about a mac mini or so at home while you are somewhere else ;)

I first thought the remote compile was a serious cost cutter to get started but someone on the chat mentions that you still need a mac just to upload the app to their store?

that would a stupid rule if that is the case.

Just use MacInCloud?

Upvote 0

John Woodsmall

Licensed User
Longtime User
Must the application that is built be sold on "itunes" or can it be used privately for our company. Does apple allow you to make an application; get it certified; but just use it for your own people?
Also does anyone know about how to get thru the apple process?

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Must the application that is built be sold on "itunes" or can it be used privately for our company. Does apple allow you to make an application; get it certified; but just use it for your own people?

after u have registered to apple and created an iOS dev account (99$/year) you will be able to use up to 100 test devices, but this is only for testing..
there is also a possibility to invite up to 1000 tester to test your app (check in iTunesconnect/YourApp/Prerelease)

you will get the finished *.ipa file via b4i but only jailbroken iPhones would be able to install it, why not just load it to the App Store and offer it for FREE??

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User

For internal distribution, use the iOS Enterprise Program.

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
after u have registered to apple and created an iOS dev account (99$/year) you will be able to use up to 100 test devices, but this is only for testing..
there is also a possibility to invite up to 1000 tester to test your app (check in iTunesconnect/YourApp/Prerelease)

you will get the finished *.ipa file via b4i but only jailbroken iPhones would be able to install it, why not just load it to the App Store and offer it for FREE??

Some apps aren't suitable for the App Store.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What is the reason that IO7 is the minimum requirement?

Could get an iPhone3 for free but it's not IOS7 I think.

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
What is the reason that IO7 is the minimum requirement?

Could get an iPhone3 for free but it's not IOS7 I think.

Nope, you need an iPhone that's capable of running iOS 7. You could always get an iPhone 5c for free or an iPhone 5S (Touch ID) for $99 on contract.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
not in my retarded country (Belgium).

you need a subscription of 45 euros per month for 24 months and then you still need to pay extra for the phone.

I pay 10 now, so that 35 difference *24 = 840 + that extra fee. Far from free tho, no thanks :)

it's cheaper to just buy it like that but it's too much for me now.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Matt the Guy

Licensed User
Longtime User
So when iOS8 [edit: I meant future iOS releases, like 9, etc. Woops] is released, do you expect there will be a long wait for b4i to be upgraded to support it?

I'm looking forward to trying b4i sometime soon, but I've only just discovered and bought b4a! I wish I had known about this a long time ago! :) You're very clever, Erel :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I purchased B4i but there's no email for download link. How long it takes to get this email?

Upvote 0