Other B4i v1.00 release discussion thread

jamesnz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok. This is a surprise ! I'll have to watch the forums more carefully. This totally changes things, we were discussing hiring a ios developer the other day. I think its us that owe you pizzas erel ! Wow.
Will purchase today.

Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Would love to see a trial version :)

Upvote 0

tcgoh

Licensed User
Longtime User
1. Do we need to purchase apple developer account $99/yr before using B4i?
2. Can we buy B4i first, develop/test/play for a while before deciding on distributing the app on apple store?

Thanks

Upvote 0

bgsoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Congratulations Erel, will be another who joins this new project.

Is there any place I can find out how I can use the MacinCloud service, and cost?

Thanks and good luck in the new job

Upvote 0

mitsusdev

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel, i want buy b4i, but i've a question.
Can i install b4i in my two computers (Workstation and Laptop)?

Thanks and Regards

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:
Upvote 0

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Does B4i not provide the Trial Version for testing ? :(

No trial totally ruined the hype for me. No way to be sure it's actually what I want.

Upvote 0

cyiwin

Licensed User
Longtime User
This could be huge! Especially with proper advertisement. A big barrier seems to be porting from one platform to another. If word gets out that B4A -> B4i does this with only having to understand one language, I can see a lot more people coming here. More people using Basic4? is better for all us.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You mean if I have a mac laptop I can't compile from anywhere? Only from home?

That should work, I was talking about a mac mini or so at home while you are somewhere else ;)

I first thought the remote compile was a serious cost cutter to get started but someone on the chat mentions that you still need a mac just to upload the app to their store?

that would a stupid rule if that is the case.

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
No they are not stupid.. this company is smart.. they just want to sell mac to developers also..
I've never seen a company with such aggressive greed for money with no ethical limit.
We are using Windows to upload to Google play.
See Apple phone charger.. they changeit with eevery now model.. while Samsung use standard micro usb. Yoummust buy their cable every time you lose your cable.

Upvote 0