Other B4i v1.00 release discussion thread

msains

Licensed User
Longtime User
I bought it immediately without even reading the description - because of the fantastic experience I have had with B4A. Erel & colleagues - Your reputation is so good and the community you have nurtured is so helpful that this product can only be a complete winner again. Many thanks for such excellence for such a long time.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks ilan.

the hosted compile that gets mentioned in some threads how far is that from reality and what's the point of it if you still need real hardware to test the result?

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks ilan.

the hosted compile that gets mentioned in some threads how far is that from reality and what the point of it if you still need real hardware to test the result?

its not far from reality its the same like you have your own mac the minus are if erels mac get broken you wont be able to build your apps, or if 1.000.000 user want to build their apps in the same second then maybe cloud mac will explode :)

but the big plus is only 2$ per month and you only need a PC, B4i and an Iphone with ios7+ thats the only hardware you need... (someone menaged to use VM with IOS installed and it worked for him, but i think better pay the 2$ and use the original way or buy a mac mini for 499$)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
the minus are if erels mac get broken you wont be able to build your apps
Note that there are actually several Macs powering this service and more will be added in the future (as needed).
The system is dynamic. If one Mac fails then it will be removed after a few minutes.

what's the point of it if you still need real hardware to test the result?
You need an iOS device, not a Mac.

Reactions: eps
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the hosted one has it's benefits besides being cheap.

you can compile from anywhere unlike with the mac mini unless you start messing around with VPNs or portforwarding trick (and dyndns to get your dynamic ip resolved)

Upvote 0

TrisectDevelopment

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm almost ready to buy it, but I would still like to know if I can reuse my B4A code.
If thats possible them I'll buy for sure.

And also can I run the development tool on my Mac?

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm almost ready to buy it, but I would still like to know if I can reuse my B4A code.
If thats possible them I'll buy for sure.

b4i and b4a are almost the same only very small changes, as a beta tester i can tell you that you can alsmost copy past your b4a code and use it in b4i only if you use any libs in b4a that are not available now for b4i you will need to do it in another way but 95% of b4a code will work

the differences are only the sub names for activity_create and activity_pause.. in b4i its application_start (if i remember correctly) but its really the same coding...

BTW: in b4a you have 30 day moneyback guarantee ask erel if thats also the case for b4i
(you wont need that anyway belive me:) ) B4I ROCKS!!!!

Reactions: eps
Upvote 0

AHilberink

Licensed User
Longtime User
All of the development steps can be done with the builder service except of the final step which is uploading the application to Apple App Store. This step requires a Mac or a service such as MacInCloud.

I am not familiar with IOS and Apple Store. Can someone explain what I can expect and what additional cost I can expect, besides the B4i and Host?

On Andriod I can copy the APK file through USB and install it. Is this also possible on IOS or do I have to go by the Apple store?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

JesseW

Licensed User
Longtime User
The builder service allows you to develop iOS applications without a Mac computer.
All of the development steps can be done with the builder service except of the final step which is uploading the application to Apple App Store. This step requires a Mac or a service such as MacInCloud.
Erel, will the builder service ever be able to upload apps to the app store? if not, might as well get a mac... thx =) been waiting for b4i for a long time

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not familiar with IOS and Apple Store. Can someone explain what I can expect and what additional cost I can expect, besides the B4i and Host?

Erel, will the builder service ever be able to upload apps to the app store? if not, might as well get a mac... thx =) been waiting for b4i for a long time

See the requirements here: http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4i-v1-00-is-released.46786/
You need to register with Apple and to own an iOS device.

You can do everything with the hosted Mac builder except of uploading the app to the App Store (it is written in that thread). You can use a service such as MacInCloud to upload the app. Once you understand how it is done it shouldn't take more than a hour to do it so the MacInCloud cost should be quite low.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, Can we use the service to test our project until finish and than just go find a mac computer from a frined for example and upload to store ? can you give information about this ?
Thank you for the feedback.

Yes :)

I owe you a Pizza.

Upvote 0