Other B4i v1.50 has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Customers can download the new version from the same link as before. An email with the link will be sent as well.

This version adds support for push notifications as well as other improvements:
  • Debugger memory handling was rewritten to avoid retaining unnecessary objects. This is very important as it can lead to different behavior between debug mode and release mode.
  • Const modifier - Allows declaring constants.
  • Performance of 2d arrays was improved.
  • #ProvisionFile / #CertificateFile attributes - Make it simpler to work with multiple provisions and certificates: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/managing-multiple-certificates-provision-files.48539/
  • Phone.AddImageToAlbum / AddVideoToAlbum methods.
  • iArchiver library - Zip / Unzip methods.
  • iEncryption - Cipher.Encrypt / Decrypt is compatible with B4A / B4J B4XCipher libraries.
  • iRandomAccessFile - WriteB4XObject / ReadB4XObject compatible with B4A / B4J similar methods.
  • iNetwork - Support for UDP packets (same API as in B4A / B4J).
  • Support for displaying and creating PDF documents: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/reading-and-writing-pdf-documents.48308/
  • Build server was updated to allow creating the keystore required for push notifications.
  • Bug fixes and other minor improvements.
If you are using a local mac builder then you should make sure to download the updated builder and update the Libs folder.

Last edited:

ivanomonti

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
thanks for the Christmas gift, I wish you and all the staff happy holidays Christmas and Happy New Year

Upvote 0

DKnowles

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel!!, and I was hoping to have Christmas off, as couldn't do that bit ... Cheers and a Merry Christmas and Happy new year, support as fantastic as always.

ps any chance of a Push Notification example as the icing on the Christmas Cake :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel, any date release for UITableview???
Repetition is the art of persuasion...

Any way, congrats and merry Xmas Erel.

Patrick

Upvote 0

wineos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Merry Christmas and a Happy Year, Everybody!

Erel, I am using a local Mac builder. I want to know, what means "update the Libs folder"?

Sorry, I am still new for Mac and B4i. :p

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Could show a tutorial about push notification using B4I V1.5? tks!
A tutorial will soon be available.

Erel, I am using a local Mac builder. I want to know, what means "update the Libs folder"?
You need to download the mac server zip file and replace the existing files with the new ones.

Upvote 0

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
The Phone.AddImageToAlbum / AddVideoToAlbum method works great Erel. I just added the following code to my Face Flashcards apps and the displayed image saved to my iPhone 6+ gallery:
B4X:
Sub saveImg_Click
    If fcpan1.Visible = True Then
        Phone.AddImageToAlbum(returnedPic)
        tm.ToastMessageShow("Image saved to Photo Album", True)
    End If
End Sub
Thanks Erel, and Happy Holidays!

Upvote 0

fishwolf

Licensed User
Longtime User
i have update IDE and macserver

if i try to compile this example

https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/iadmob.47319/

i receive this error:

B4X:
B4i line: 31
iad.Initialize(\
bad receiver type 'int *'

Out: Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = armv7
    CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone
    CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/guest/Desktop/Basic4Ios/macserver-aa Ver. 1.25/UploadedProjects/beta180/Payload
    OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain beta180
    PRODUCT_NAME = Intentistial
    PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 4ce62ee4-dbe4-4835-8c96-da8505acd45f

=== BUILD TARGET B4iProject OF PROJECT B4iProject WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

i suppose that the 1.10 library is updated.

what is the problem?

Upvote 0