Other B4i v3.00 has been released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4i v3.00.

This update includes many IDE improvements as well as other improvements related to iOS 10, Xcode 8 and Mac Sierra.

• The docking and layout features are based on a new and improved framework. Floating code editors behave as regular windows.
  • Documentation tool tips while hovering over code elements:

• Copy links in the tool tips that allow copying code examples.
  • Support for bookmarks:

SS-2016-08-03_10.04.28.png

• New themes.
  • Keychain handling was updated as required by Mac Sierra to allow non-intrusive deployments.
  • URLs in comments and strings are ctrl-clickable.
  • Unused libraries warning.
  • Custom views support "nullable colors". The default value of such fields looks like:

SS-2016-09-18_16.24.57.png

• #Entitlement attribute. Adds a declaration to the entitlement file. This is a new requirement. For example if your app supports push notifications then you need to add this line (assuming that you are using the distribution key, which you should):
    B4X:
    #Entitlement: <key>aps-environment</key><string>production</string>
    Push notifications will not work on iOS 10 without this declaration.
  • #AdditionalLib - Similar to B4A #AdditionalJar attribute. Adds a reference to an external library. Note that third party libraries should be in the builder Libs folder.
  • iAdMob - Support for mediation and rewarded video ads.
    Mediation: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/admob-ads-mediation-with-inmobi.71837/
    Rewarded video ads: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/admob-rewarded-video-ads.71839/

• Bug fixes and other minor improvements
Developers who are eligible for a free upgrade will receive an email with upgrade instructions.

Last edited:

GGSoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
A license comes in the e-mail, but my V3.01 runs perfectly without it.
Is that license necesary?

Upvote 0